Not really sure where this fits, but some pics from my 20D

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently bought a Canon 20D from an old work colleague.

The idea being that I might be happier taking it to parties and the like (where beer might get spilled on it) because it only cost £50.

As I only got it last week and didn't have time to play at the weekend, I went for a walk around the Serpentine during my lunch and took a few shots.

Can't decide if the focusing is a little soft, but have come to the conclusion, that it might force me to consider light to be more important than sharpness (which it should be, of course).

It was pretty cold today (Serpentine was still frozen in bits) and the light was quite flat, but have a few that I quite liked from today.

Considering it's a 14 year old camera, it didn't perform too badly. I used it in combo with the 18-135 kit lens that came with my old 600D.

IMG_1709 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1675 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1672 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1662 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1656 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1648 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1614 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tried a few last night in the dark. it was also raining, so I didn't spend as long as I might have done.

Also realised how useful the fold-out screen is on my 80D - especially as the 20D doesn't have live view. When using with a small table top tripod, it meant a lot of guesswork.

Bandstand in Hyde Park.

IMG_1722 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Looks warm.

IMG_1754 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Marble Arch

IMG_9879 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Bus stop

IMG_1742 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Intentional camera move on the bike lane

IMG_1733 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Serpentine after dark

IMG_9875 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I started off in my photography journey with a 20d. I would buy one again tbh, especially for how cheap they go now. As an analogy it's like a proper drivers, classic car, compared to a modern Porsche with all the electronic aids and dull feeling. The 20d is basic and you do most of the work, but it's more enjoyable for it. A classic.

Back