Not sure what to do with this - Clouds over Portland Dorset

Edit My Images
Yes
I took this last week, on my way to Portland to rock climb. I was already running late, but had to pull over when the light looked so good coming over Portland. Took literally 10 seconds to change lenses, dial exposure (somewhat) and shoot. Now i'm wishing i'd taken more time, but that's not an option now! I don't really know if I like this or not... certainly don't feel it carries the impact of what my eyes were seeing. I've put the original file, exported from LR as JPEG but not edited, for reference or if anyone feels like having an edit with it.
Any thoughts? Thanks

DSC_0382 by Luke Case, on Flickr

DSC_0382-2 by Luke Case, on Flickr

I don't think it was that warm, I remember it being quite a white light. But I like your edit, thanks!
x1- by geof worrall, on Flickr

i used LR...and put up the temp +47...exposure +0.41 ..recovery 28 and sharpened a bit
is this close to what you saw...or want to see?
cheers
geof

I don't think it was that warm, I remember it being quite a white light. But I like your edit, thanks!

o_O:LOL:
well i did think i got it wrong...never mind...all is phun on the fotografy phorum

Last edited:
I quite like it, could probably have worked the composition harder but I think it works. I’d make a very slight crop from the left to remove the bright highlight of the river (I think, I’m on my phone). Mr Toad’s edit really isn’t the look I’d be going for

Back