Not the usual Bamburgh capture

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Was down in Northumberland a few weeks ago and found myself at Bamburgh castle. Was after sunset so not a lot happening with the sky. Rather than take a seascape or a flat image of the castle I spotted this little hut almost buried in the grasses.
As the wind was whipping up I though it suited a long exposure to get some movement in the foreground grass. Be interesting to hear what you guys think of the shot :)

Hiding amongst the grass by Gavin_D2009, on Flickr

…maybe not usual but
certainly most appealing!

I think this is superb! I dont think the shed is straight but it seems to just add to the image somehow as moving it around to straighten it out somehow upsets the balance in the background and foreground.. Maybe its the perfect 50/50 split on the right hand side of the image that makes the image? Straightening gets rid of that.

Very nice shot Gavin, good com', spot on mono conversion giving a full range of tones, and some nice movement in the clouds.(y)

"My first impression was the shed needs a tad correcting to make it upright, other than that very nice".

George.

The top of the image is a tad to dark for my taste, but the rest of it is rather fabulous!

It does convey the greyness and windiness very well, I'll have to look out for it when we're up there ... hopefully not too windy then :)

Absolutely cracking shot. Loving the lighting and think the mono really suits it.

Back