Notes on windscreens

Whereas taking his car out of the drive is really considerate.... still.. at least I’ll know how to tell whose a Christian now..

i didn't say he was considerate, i think he is pathetic moving his car just to prevent people parking outside his house! having said that, the old folk round these parts don't have a lot to do with their time, so often turn to squabbling with their neighbours. A sorry state of affairs.

Some people sit and watch out there curtains all day hoping for something like that to happen. Small town mentality nowt better to do.

You'd be amazed how many park outside and walk in, in an attempt to beat the queues leaving.
I've seen them. Although not so much recently so not sure if Police prevent them from doing it now.

It seems as though the chap who stuck the note on the ambulance realised what an :asshat: he had been and has apologised. Apparently did so before he knew the patient had died.

It seems as though the chap who stuck the note on the ambulance realised what an :asshat: he had been and has apologised. Apparently did so before he knew the patient had died.

He'll still be slagged from front to back.

If i'm not wrong isn't parking across a driveway when the vehicle is in it a traffic offence?

I'll never moan about emergency services blocking me in but am happy to take pictures of Uber drivers parked across my drive.
If you don't like it dont park or dump your car there. I'm the end house in my road & almost every day get blocked in so after 10 years you kinda get a little 'p******' off at the excuse's - they all are basically - I just don't give a f***.

Bit concerning that he ever thought it was a good idea, more like apologised to try and save face.

Bit concerning that he ever thought it was a good idea, more like apologised to try and save face.

This ^

Whether the patient died or not, it takes a special kind of to55er to go to the effort of writing a sarcastic note about, “..you may be saving lives but..” then put it on the window of an ambulance.

I hope that if he ever calls an ambulance for himself or his family that the ambulance takes the time to find a suitable parking space in the nearest car park and walks to him. See if it’s such a burden to him then.

Last edited:
This ^

Whether the patient died or not, it takes a special kind of to55er to go to the effort of writing a sarcastic note about, “..you may be saving lives but..” then put it on the window of an ambulance.

I hope that if he ever calls an ambulance for himself or his family that the ambulance takes the time to find a suitable parking space in the nearest car park and walks to him. See if it’s such a burden to him then.
Why would they need to find a space in a car park?

Why would they need to find a space in a car park?

I forgot to include the /sarcasm part obviously..

The idiot that put the note on the windscreen was unhappy about the fact an ambulance attending an emergency call had parked outside his house and blocked his drive. Maybe he’d be happier if Ambulances could only park in designated car parks away from his very important driveway?

Last edited:
I forgot to include the /sarcasm part obviously..

The idiot that put the note on the windscreen was unhappy about the fact an ambulance attending an emergency call had parked outside his house and blocked his drive. Maybe he’d be happier if Ambulances could only park in designated car parks away from his very important driveway?
The ambulance was actually on its way to the hospital. The patient had started coughing up blood and the driver had to pull over to assist the other paramedic. I doubt the driveway was the only spot they could have stopped.

It's not like a patient in an ambulance coughing up blood is a potential emergency or anything.

I know. I mean, people have got better things to do than wait for an ambulance to move out of the way, like write a dickish note while the two paramedics are in the back of the ambulance trying to save someone’s life...

It’s amazing how self-centred people are.

So what you are saying is they could stop in the middle of a set of traffic lights rather than drive on for a few more seconds and clear the junction.

No. But they will stop outside the house they are visiting, or as close as possible.

It's not like a patient in an ambulance coughing up blood is a potential emergency or anything.
It's not like the only paramedic in an ambulance is the driver. By your reckoning they could just stop in the middle of a set of traffic lights.

Last edited:
No. But they will stop outside the house they are visiting, or as close as possible.
But they weren't outside the house they were visiting, they were on route to the hospital.

It's not like a life saving procedure might require 2 paramedics in a motionless vehicle.
And if the ambulance was travelling in the fast lane of a motorway?

And if the ambulance was travelling in the fast lane of a motorway?

Do you genuinely not see how attempting to save someone’s life is more important than someone getting off their driveway or do you just like playing Devil’s advocate?

As per my post before, how would you feel if it was you, your kids or your wife/husband in the back of the ambulance and they needed to pull over to perform an emergency life saving task? Would you tell them to just go forwards a bit first so as not to upset the owner of a driveway?

They'd pull over to the hard shoulder I'd imagine but hardly relevant given we're talking about someone's driveway
But that would take even more time though wouldn't it.

But they weren't outside the house they were visiting, they were on route to the hospital.
I think you will find they were in attendance at the mans place of residence which was a rehab centre called Livingstone House

Do you genuinely not see how attempting to save someone’s life is more important than someone getting off their driveway or do you just like playing Devil’s advocate?

As per my post before, how would you feel if it was you, your kids or your wife/husband in the back of the ambulance and they needed to pull over to perform an emergency life saving task? Would you tell them to just go forwards a bit first so as not to upset the owner of a driveway?
It depends on whether it is just a case of someone not liking their driveway being blocked. What if someone needs to get off of their drive for an equally important situation. Unlikely but it could happen. As I said before I would be very surrised if the ambulance couldn't have been stopped a few meters earlier or later. The extra few seconds for latter would make no difference to the assistance the driver could provide.

It depends on whether it is just a case of someone not liking their driveway being blocked. What if someone needs to get off of their drive for an equally important situation. Unlikely but it could happen. As I said before I would be very surrised if the ambulance couldn't have been stopped a few meters earlier or later. The extra few seconds for latter would make no difference to the assistance the driver could provide.

Well, I guess the patient died anyway so they should have just driven straight to the morgue eh.

To be honest Phil it's more usually it's 'his space'...
We have friends that have a elderly neighbour that goes loopy if you park on the road outside his house as it's 'his space'. He has his car on his drive, it's nowhere near blocking him in yet he doesn't like anyone parking there.
I tried to have a polite conversation explaining it was a public road, but no, he's adamant it's his space outside his house.
We watched him last time move his car off his drive and park tight to the rear bumper of mine, even though it was completely free in front as I was parked level with our friends drive so it was no obstacle to me driving away.
Some people are just strange
My brother's in-laws are like that. Adamant no-one should park in front of their house, despite having a driveway long enough for both of their cars.

But that would take even more time though wouldn't it.

So what would you suggest? They stop in the fast lane and put more lives at risk?

hat if someone needs to get off of their drive for an equally important situation

Can't think of a reason equally as important as saving someone's life.

Without having a full timeline it’s impossible to know for sure but what’s to say that the ambulance didn’t pull over in a residential street with lots of houses/driveways, to attend to the emergency situation, and there was nobody on the driveway. The home owner then comes out 5 minutes later and finds their driveway blocked. Rather than acknowledging the fact that two paramedics are attending to a dying patient in the back and just wait, the home owner gets a piece of paper and pen then writes an arsey note and puts it on the window of the ambulance to make them feel better about themselves.

Are you really defending that action?

Neil.
I think you got lost my friend.
if you click on the link for forums at the top / bottom of the page that is where you will find the "HOT TOPICS" forum . :confused:

Wasn’t that you suggesting that?

View attachment 114645
No, my point was if they can take the extra time to pull over safely on a hard shoulder which could take considerably longer in terms of time and distance, they could do the same if they need to pull over on a residential road etc.

No, my point was if they can take the extra time to pull over safely on a hard shoulder which could take considerably longer in terms of time and distance, they could do the same if they need to pull over on a residential road etc.

What are you on about?

An ambulance clearly wouldn’t just stop in the middle of a motorway! Pulling over to the side of a residential street, and happening to block the driveway of a selfish idiot, is completely different.

Last edited:
Can't think of a reason equally as important as saving someone's life.

What if someone can't get off their drive because it is blocked, they can't attend a hospital appointment and having missed it, has to wait a few more months to get another appointment. What if at they had made that 1st appointment and it was found they had caught the early stages of an illness and they could be treated and saved their life. Now imagine having missed that 1st appointment, that illness goes undiagnosed for too long and it is now untreatable and the person eventually dies as a result.

What if they had parked across the drive of a retainer fireman. The fireman ( may or may not be the engine driver) gets a shout and needs to get to the fire station as quick as possible, but he can't as he is blocked in, the crew is late getting to the incident and people die as a result in a burning building.
But there all just maybe's so don't matter do they.

What are you on about?

An ambulance clearly wouldn’t just stop in the middle of a motorway! Pulling over to the side of a residential street, and happening to block the driveway of a selfish idiot, is completely different.
Is it though, what if stopping straight away was all that it would have taken to save the patients life but the time to get across to the hard shoulder and stop was too long?

What if someone can't get off their drive because it is blocked, they can't attend a hospital appointment and having missed it, has to wait a few more months to get another appointment. What if at they had made that 1st appointment and it was found they had caught the early stages of an illness and they could be treated and saved their life. Now imagine having missed that 1st appointment, that illness goes undiagnosed for too long and it is now untreatable and the person eventually dies as a result.

What if they had parked across the drive of a retainer fireman. The fireman ( may or may not be the engine driver) gets a shout and needs to get to the fire station as quick as possible, but he can't as he is blocked in, the crew is late getting to the incident and people die as a result in a burning building.
But there all just maybe's so don't matter do they.

What if they were a stuntman and missed the filming of their first blockbuster?

What if they were an astronaut and missed the first mars mission?

What if they were a zookeeper and a tiger escaped because they were late for work?

What if the person blocked in actually just spoke to the paramedics instead of banging on the side of the ambulance shouting at them then writing a childish note for their windscreen?

When my old ma was fatally injured in a RTA the ambulance blocked a supermarket car park entrance.
Nearly bollocked him myself on behalf of anyone whose frozen goods may have spoilt, b*****d !!

Back