Notes on windscreens

I'll throw a fact into the mix - Ambulance drivers have no insurance policy either ;)
Neither do I when I drive a hire car for work
Of course you do unless you're driving illegally.

Ok, you really are either deliberately just stating the opposite of everyone else or you're actually that dense. Have you ever driven an emergency vehicle or spent any time with class 1 trained drivers to understand what it is you're actually posting? (just before you answer, my dad is a class 1 Police pursuit driver and taught me to drive so he's pretty well versed on the requirements in those situations).
Requirements for police high pursuit and driving an ambulance in an emergency are completely different. If you can't appreciate that perhaps the training your dad gave you wasn't sufficient.

Of course you do unless you're driving illegally.

Which again shows a massive gap in your knowledge, which you haven’t acknowledged and prefer instead to assume other people are just wrong.

It’s funny, and the only one who doesn’t know that is you.

Last edited:
Is that Schrodinger's answer? You are defending him, not defending him and justifying his actions all at the same time o_O
No, quite simply I have not defended his actions at any point. You and Phil just assume I have.

Which again shows a massive gap in your knowledge, which you haven’t acknowledged and prefer instead to assume other people are just wrong.

It’s funny, and the only one who doesn’t know that is you.
No it shows a massive gap in yours. To legally drive a vehicle on UK roads you must have insurance cover. You are just unaware you have it. If I drive a company vehicle I am covered by their insurance. If I use my car for work I am covered by their insurance for that time not mine. If by hiring a car you were to drive on UK roads without insurance you would be prosecuted if caught. Not only that the owner of the hire car would also be prosecuted for allowing the vehicle to be driven without insurance. The same would go for an ambulance driver and whoever owned the ambulance.

No it shows a massive gap in yours. To legally drive a vehicle on UK roads you must have insurance cover. You are just unaware you have it. If I drive a company vehicle I am covered by their insurance. If I use my car for work I am covered by their insurance for that time not mine. If by hiring a car you were to drive on UK roads without insurance you would be prosecuted if caught. Not only that the owner of the hire car would also be prosecuted for allowing the vehicle to be driven without insurance. The same would go for an ambulance driver and whoever owned the ambulance.
You might want to check the difference between ‘insurance cover’ and what I said which was ‘an insurance policy’, ;)

Then you can have a read up on ‘crown indemnity’ then you can come back with your excuse for why I’m wrong anyway :LOL::LOL:

You might want to check the difference between ‘insurance cover’ and what I said which was ‘an insurance policy’, ;)

Then you can have a read up on ‘crown indemnity’ then you can come back with your excuse for why I’m wrong anyway :LOL::LOL:
So you used the word policy instead of cover. Whilst driving anyone else's vehicle that isn't covered by your own insurance, of course you won't have a policy, a vehicle has to be registered in your name for you to have a policy. However you are still covered by insurance, except unlike conventional car insurance an ambulance drivers insurance cover is financed by the government and not an insurance company.

Regardless of any of this it has sweet FA to do with anything in this thread, so I fail to see why you would have even mentioned it.

So you used the word policy instead of cover. Whilst driving anyone else's vehicle that isn't covered by your own insurance, of course you won't have a policy, a vehicle has to be registered in your name for you to have a policy. However you are still covered by insurance, except unlike conventional car insurance an ambulance drivers insurance cover is financed by the government and not an insurance company.

Regardless of any of this it has sweet FA to do with anything in this thread, so I fail to see why you would have even mentioned it.
It’s not ‘the government ‘ is it?
And the reason I posted it was to point out how much difference there is between a Ford delivery driver and an ambulance driver.
And how much of that difference is beyond your imagination let alone comprehension.

It’s not ‘the government ‘ is it?
And the reason I posted it was to point out how much difference there is between a Ford delivery driver and an ambulance driver.
And how much of that difference is beyond your imagination let alone comprehension.
No one mentioned a Ford delivery driver. Keep digging that hole, you'll get to Australia soon enough.

Back