Nothing to Do,..

This is an interesting area you've been exploring, Robin, but I think the extreme contrast has lost too much detail in the blacks: there appears to be a pair of legs standing in front of a clothing shop. I'm not sure this was an easy scene to simplify this way, but it was a good try.

This is an interesting area you've been exploring, Robin, but I think the extreme contrast has lost too much detail in the blacks: there appears to be a pair of legs standing in front of a clothing shop. I'm not sure this was an easy scene to simplify this way, but it was a good try.

Hi Toni..thanks for your comment and I take on board what you say..I follow a Las Vegas photographer, Ted Vieira, who got me into the heavy blacks and dark shadows and he says.. 'it's as much about what you don't see as what you do'

I've had a quick look at his web site. He seems to be very selective about which bits go black, and may also carefully choose scenes he knows can survive that kind of treatment, judging by the images in his portfolio. Do you have links to particular images that you were trying to use the style from?

Back