Answered Notifications

Name
Lennard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, until recently if you, say, had 3 notifications then by checking one of them the red notification dropped by 1 until you had seen them all.

Now as soon as you click on one the red symbol disappears immediately.

Can we have it back the way it was, please.

Thanks

I'm not sure there's a controllable setting. I've never known it any different. As soon as the menu is opened (like in my screenshot), the alert counter disappears as it considers the alerts read.

I'm not sure there's a controllable setting. I've never known it any different. As soon as the menu is opened (like in my screenshot), the alert counter disappears as it considers the alerts read.
Its always been like that as far back as I can remember too.
Its a bit annoying at times, if I accidentally click that, rather than PM's
and if I don't go find them, I get no further notifications on / for those posts.

well no it didn`t it did a count down, so for say, 3 alerts click 1 and it opened go back to the top it now shows 2 until you had opened the last one.

well no it didn`t it did a count down, so for say, 3 alerts click 1 and it opened go back to the top it now shows 2 until you had opened the last one.

Not being funny, but are you sure it was like that on TP and you aren't thinking of another forum? Like Chris says, I've never known the alerts to count down like you describe. I never even click on the individual alerts, I just click the bell to see what they are and the counter disappears.

Not being funny, but are you sure it was like that on TP and you aren't thinking of another forum? Like Chris says, I've never known the alerts to count down like you describe. I never even click on the individual alerts, I just click the bell to see what they are and the counter disappears.
TBH I think you are right, I don't recall any numbers associated with the bell icon ... click and it goes.

I've never known the alerts to count down like you describe. I never even click on the individual alerts, I just click the bell to see what they are and the counter disappears.

So if you never check on each alert you would never see the Counter go down, would you?

So if you never check on each alert you would never see the Counter go down, would you?

No, what I mean is, when I see the counter, I click on the bell to see what the alerts are but I don't click on them individually. The counter disappears as soon as I click the bell, no matter how many alerts there are. This appears to be, and always has been, the case for everyone else as far as I can tell.

The counter disappears as soon as I click the bell, no matter how many alerts there are.

Agree with that Statement and has been so, but until recently clicking an individual action takes you where that Alert is about and reduces the number of alerts left.
But now has changed to having to hit the Bell to see the next Alert.

OK, only a minor irritation but.......

Back