Nottingham Aegon Open Tennis 2017

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Time for our annual trip up the M1 to Nottingham to catch the tennis.

Went to see the ladies WTA event but there was also a men's ATP Challenger event going on [the main tour event has sadly moved elsewhere].

Anyway, here's a selection of pics from the day:

Johanna Konta
by Ben Goddard, on Flickr

Tara Moore

Michael Mmoh

Reilly Opelka

Heather Watson

Alison Riske

Su-Wei Hsieh

Nothing to set the world on fire, but as a player, it's alway nice to shoot some tennis.

Next stop, middle Saturday of Wimbledon!

Cheers Wez. All from the stands; as you can tell from the centre court [blue] shots we were sitting at one of the ends which means the net is almost always in the shot, but you're able to move around the peripheral courts to get some good angles.

Cheers Wez. All from the stands; as you can tell from the centre court [blue] shots we were sitting at one of the ends which means the net is almost always in the shot, but you're able to move around the peripheral courts to get some good angles.

Nice one, apart from the net in the shots, you could've been mistaken for being on the court :)

I guess they're relaxed about taking in DSLR's then?

Nice one, apart from the net in the shots, you could've been mistaken for being on the court :)

I guess they're relaxed about taking in DSLR's then?
Yep, generally ok but with the caveat of nothing >200mm focal length, and as long as you're not annoying other punters.

Some lovely shots there. I'm not a fan of the Konta or Moore shots so much as you've got the line judge in the background. It's not a 'major' issue but the tennis photographers try to avoid it where possible as that person behind the player always tends to draw the eyes away from the action a bit.

Back