Undecided Nottingham

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to be in Nottingham in May for work, I'll be there for a week.
Are there any areas of interest there? Anything I should go to see/shoot?
Thanks in advance

What are your interests and passions?
Will you be in the center or on the outskirts?
What radius are you looking to travel in?

I worked there for several months about 15 years ago. The churches on various hills around the centre were quite interesting...

AnotherNottinghamchurchinwintersunlight.jpgNottinghamChurchinwintersunlight.jpg

I'm unsure at the minute about the exact location, work haven't finalized the hotel yet.
I'd be using public transport,so accessible places.
I like nature photography, macro, flowers, landscapes. Historical things/ places (so the churches will be great! Thank you).

Wollaton Park and Attenborough Nature Reserve are both on the outskirts of the city and should offer plenty of wildlife and macro and landscape opportunities. The former is home to deer as well as a sizeable heron colony, and also Wollaton Hall itself is an interesting old building that also doubled up as the exterior of 'Wayne Manor' in at least one Batman movie.

Last edited:
The Castle, Woolaton Hall and Park, some of the city centre pubs ( The Trip to Jerusalem / The Royal Children) , walk round the old lacemarket.
You should be able to get round quite easily on the tram system.
Look at if you can get to Rufford Abbey and Park on the bus-its just off the A614.
See if Papplewick Pumping Station is open thats well worth a visit

Well there is a lot of interesting architecture within Nottingham Center itself.

Consider -

The Park area;
The, apparently, oldest public house Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem,
Nottingham castle,
Nottingham caves,
Brewhouse yard museum,
and the area around 'the park' there is some good architecture.

Then the lace market with,
National Justice Museum
Good church (pub) at Pitcher and Piano
Lots of good architecture around the old lace market

Just on the outskirts of the city;
The Arboretum
Greens Windmill

Just outside of Nottingham, and easy public transport, there is;
Wollaton Hall (Batman film)
Attenborough Nature Reserve

Not so easy but achievable, Southwell minster

Could consider Castle Donington for the aero park and race track, plus museum of cars.

Wow! Thank you all so much!
There's a lot there huh? I had no idea!!!
There looks to be plenty to keep me busy and out of management's way for the week hah hah!

If you have a car, drive out to Newstead Abbey, Rufford Park, Clumber Park.
Or if you have a day or evening free, drive over to the Peak District for sunset. A 1hr drive will have you in a great bit part of the UK for landscapes.

I did that area last year with the caravan for the first time, found Nottingham had loads to keep a ‘togger’ happy, would love to go back again. Plenty around the city centre and the castle. Lovely city.

There is Holme Pierrepont, a man made rowing lake and white water course off the trent. It has kayakers, rowers and rafters on it, can make for some interesting adrenaline filled action shots.

Last edited:
Also I live and work in Nottingham so if you need anything just give me a shout I will be getting my first dslr towards the end of May so I will be keen to go out and about also :)

Back