Now wtf is face book up to?

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've been on there for some years, and now I'm getting this at the end of a few posts...
I am logged in and can still access my account, so I'm sure its not been hacked ..

download.png

And this, posts from friends end abruptly with this message,
Is FB turning into big brother? ( Rhetorical ;) ) and limiting what you can actually read and from whom?

download (1).png

I'm inventing some new friends asap.
All mine are "invented" :D

God knows, maybe its some glitch or other, or they are genuinely wanting me to "connect" with the 100's of people they think I know, or should know ;)

I've been getting similar messages for ages, sames as that thing about people you might know with loads of
profile pics of people I've never heard of, I just close it down and ignore.
Don't follow a lot of people that are my friends list due to the rubbish they post and have personally met
everyone of them.
It's just a ploy to get you to add more people and make it look busier then it really is

I just close it down and ignore.
Yes but that doesn't help as I know there are a lot more posts that I can't see, due to the above messages blocking any further scrolling.

( some) Posts I could see earlier and replied to are no longer accessible either.

( some) Posts I could see earlier and replied to are no longer accessible either.

Yep but if you click on your profile page they will probably be there
I even find my own posts don't show on my news feed but are there on my profile timeline
been like that for ages
Suppose they think that if there isn't much there we will get desparate and start adding loads of new people
Mind you looking at some people on my friends list I must be pretty desparate anyway :p

Oh and just looked at it and my chat list has disappeared, lucky I rarely chat to anyone :D

Yep but if you click on your profile page they will probably be there
Nope
If they're not longer available it means they've been deleted or the posts have been closed.
Not this time, as below, they are all back.

It was having a bit of a wobble earlier. Could be left over from that.
I guess that may have been the issue,
I've sorted it by logging out, clearing cookies and its back to "normal" (y)

Last edited:
Its a temporary fix Magoo, the button you need is Dee Leet

:)

the button you need is Dee Leet
Oh trust me I've thought about that more than once, but I have family and friends in far flung corners. So its just easier to keep in touch, this way ...

Happened to me too, but it looks like it is back to normal. Someone must have complained :)

Mines there (y)
You didn't accidentally hide it did you?
A quick search and I found this ( again)
https://www.valuewalk.com/2014/05/how-to-hide-online-status-on-facebook-chat/

I rarely have chat turned on, but I've always had a list of friends on the RH side, so if I wanted to contact
one I just click on the name and a chat box appeared, now all I have is a small bar saying chat is turned off :banghead:
Don't want it turned on for everyone, just the person I need to contact

Yes but that doesn't help as I know there are a lot more posts that I can't see, due to the above messages blocking any further scrolling.

I know what you mean you should see some of the utter weirdos I have on my friends list :eek:

never make head not tail of it ,had a couple of really juicy friend requests this week though ,unfortunately had to decline as I can't afford another divorce .

had a couple of really juicy friend requests this week though
I had a run of those too a couple of weeks back ( makes up for the lack of flicker requests (y) )
And I bet they "were in your area" too.
Get about a bit these girls :D

I wanted to meet the identical octuplets who e-mailed me a few years ago. Russian blondes who were so identical that their photos were identical (down to the strands of hair) but their names were different. They're probably on Farcebonk...

Ok so here is an odd thing. just fired up my other laptop running windows 8.1 and the friends list is back on the RH side
I really do hate Windows 10 :banghead:

Bastards are demanding £4 every time I try to post on business page. I sort of can, but post visibility is pretty much negligible. I've not had a single sale from fb leads. I might just give up on Suckerberg's internet ghetto altogether.

Back