Nuk at Kellies Castle

I thought I might have got some feedback about the catch light in my wife's sunglasses...................good or bad, just asking as I don't know??

"catch light in my wife's sunglasses" Do you like them ?

Gaz

Gaz
Yes and No
In fact I think I will start another thread just about that as since I have stared this new venture with off camera style lighting I would like to see what the masses think.
I will post it in the lighting section

You're getting the hang of the compositions now.

As far as the lighting goes though, I think it's a little far away, the shadow edges are harsh IMO.

As for the other thread, not related to your question there, but you can see in the reflection that the flash is a little close to the brolly, remember you're aiming for the softer light of a bigger light source, so you need to maximise those details. Getting the flash spread to the edge of the brolly and getting the brolly in closer both make the light effectively larger.

You're getting the hang of the compositions now.

As far as the lighting goes though, I think it's a little far away, the shadow edges are harsh IMO.

As for the other thread, not related to your question there, but you can see in the reflection that the flash is a little close to the brolly, remember you're aiming for the softer light of a bigger light source, so you need to maximise those details. Getting the flash spread to the edge of the brolly and getting the brolly in closer both make the light effectively larger.
Cheers Phil

No problem. I am not a photographer but the other thread answers this well. Plus the fact I think your instinct would tell you if they looked great :)

Gaz

ps: I learnt something from phils post here :)

Back