Nuthatch

Of course I'm not happy about the crop - more headroom please - I'll just mention one point

At least it's going down

put a one pixel grey or black border to your image if you want the white border to show on here

settings and equipment - the one armed, one eyed man is waiting!! - 750/300/4/ISO720 - must be feet away

have you got WiFi in your hides?

Last edited:
You can see a clear difference between the two Ade, much crisper on flikr version, I wonder if there is any compression going on

Nice image by the way

Of course I'm not happy about the crop - more headroom please - I'll just mention one point

At least it's going down

put a one pixel grey or black border to your image if you want the white border to show on here

settings and equipment please - the one armed, one eyed man is waiting!! - 750/300/4/ISO720 - must be feet away

have you got WiFi in your hides?
No wi-fi Bill.

I only use that border to show the exif,saves people looking or asking for it.

Not cropped and yes, pretty close.

Thanks for commenting.

You can see a clear difference between the two Ade, much crisper on flikr version, I wonder if there is any compression going on

Nice image by the way
Dunno why the forum is doing that at all Martyn,i`ll ask Marcel about it. Thanks for the comment as well, appreciated.

@Marcel ....any ideas bud?

Dunno why the forum is doing that at all Martyn,i`ll ask Marcel about it. Thanks for the comment as well, appreciated.

I posted a Shoveler the other day, that looks a touch softer than the original ... not much mind.

Nice composition, perch and feather detail Ade (y)
- but looks a tad under-exposed to me on this iPad I am using at the moment. I think there is some leeway in the whites to lift exposure a little perhaps?

Russ
Thanks for your thoughts Russ, i`m pretty sure that the white cheek feathers blew if I upped the exposure, but I will have a look into it and see if that is the case.

Appreciate the comments .

Just fantastic, not a single fault, everything is perfect in that shot. Thank you so much for sharing. You are ace!!!!

A bit soft on here but the flickr version is nice and sharp. Only crit I can come up with and I'm nit picking really would be to weed out the dead stem that touches the bottom of frame.

A marked difference between this and Flickr, something I have noticed before on TP. I agree about the framing Ade, other than that I do like it, these nutties do seem to pose for you don't they.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments, never even noticed that dead stem Dave, will bear it in mind for future reference though.

A marked difference between this and Flickr, something I have noticed before on TP.

....It's as if the version posted here on TP has been softened to lose any sharpening - It's terrible!

I like the photo though.

my fave bird but I've never seen one in the flesh - brilliant shot :)

@Marcel ....any ideas bud?

I think its down to the forum resizing your image.
The source file (original on Flickr) is 1062x721, and if you're browsing with max-width set on the forums (In your preferences), then it resizes it to a max of 1024 wide.
I think that's what's happening here anyway.
I bet if you either, reupload the shot on Flickr at 1024 and share that...
Of if you share flickr's 1024 version on here, it'll look sharper. :)

ok bud, I'll try that when I get home. Thanks.

I would be happy with that one Ade,just uploaded and hosted it from my Flickr.Can you spot any difference? There was a time as you well know that there was nothing between Flickr or Photobucket for hosting.Maybe things have been changed since then.
16351122838_10c91ec094_o by Richard Venn, on Flickr

on phone atm rich,will look later on today.

@u8myufo

That looks better Rich.

Just resized the original and uploaded it as Marcel suggested.

....BY COMPARISON with the image on Flickr that still looks soft I'm sorry to report.

I would be happy with that one Ade,just uploaded and hosted it from my Flickr.Can you spot any difference? There was a time as you well know that there was nothing between Flickr or Photobucket for hosting.Maybe things have been changed since then.

That looks closer to the one on flickr bud, ta.

I find Rich's image the sharpest so far......

Russ

Well I think your edit is better than your opening post shot Ade.I did apply a bit more sharpening in PS before I sent it to Flickr.Not sure what you use to edit yours in, so perhaps a touch more sharpening than what you are giving it is needed before uploading.

Well I think your edit is better than your opening post shot Ade.I did apply a bit more sharpening in PS before I sent it to Flickr.Not sure what you use to edit yours in, so perhaps a touch more sharpening than what you are giving it is needed before uploading.
Image is exactly as it was before mate, just resized to 1024 before uploading to flickr.

I shoot jpeg and only use the biocubic sharpener when resizing in PS mate. Can`t be arsed with all this PP crap............:)

Back