Nuthatch

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
The Nuthatches have been very busy in the garden over the last few weeks when a fledgling also has been present. They seem to be getting used to me and are coming close.

One of the better ones today.

20150526-DSC_4334 by First NameSimon Rees, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Simon

Really like the pose and detail. Such a lovely bird. Colours seem a bit muted. Dull day or is it my monitor ?

Hi Simon

Really like the pose and detail. Such a lovely bird. Colours seem a bit muted. Dull day or is it my monitor ?

Hi Gary,

Don't think it's your monitor, so no need to spend some of your hard earned:). It was an overcast day and the perch was also in the shadow of the house. Also, my Dell u2412m isn't calibrated.

I am a little conservative with my PP as I am still learning, but what I must say, when I looked at the three different threads I created last night, I can see where Flickr/TP has downed the quality of the pictures when loading on here.. It's been mentioned a bit on here and for me, it's the first time I have noticed it from my photos.

I just had both webpages open and you can see the difference between here and Flickr.

Last edited:
Hi Simon, have to say I am a PPing incompetent my images invariably are too dark/light/contrasty/dull/unsharp etc...

I am usually miffed at photobucket shots posted here on TP which never look good.

That stated, your is nonetheless a lovely image.

Gary

Back