Nuthatch

Edit My Images
No
another old shot to keep it lively

(by the way, before anyone may suggest it - all my images are links to a site that I pay for - so I think that minimises the "usage" of this sites resources or whatever - please correct me if I am wrong?)

bit of noise in two corners - sloppy pp on my part - sorry! - still cannot quite figure out why it happens

Nutty.jpg

Hey Low?

from my "Blue period"?

Last edited:
Composition looks very awkward Bill, neither a portrait or a full length shot, to tight in the frame, looks a bit flat and doesnt pop. Overall not your best but certainly not your worst either. A little more PP could help but unless you have a version with more room around it then it wouldnt be my choice.

Composition looks very awkward Bill, neither a portrait or a full length shot, to tight in the frame, looks a bit flat and doesnt pop. Overall not your best but certainly not your worst either. A little more PP could help but unless you have a version with more room around it then it wouldnt be my choice.

Thanks Mark - I agree - I've been finding old shots to try to get Critique going

One of my few feeder shots - I cropped it and tried to disguise the fact that it was hanging from a feeder

Nutties do however always look awkward to me, a bit like people with a neck the same size as their head, or as they say "no neck"

There is also a slight blue line around the back of the bird - is it a "halo" - how would that have been caused?

Last edited:
The reaching of the bird and the crop/framing dont suit each other. Maybe another pose would suit with more PP to make it pop.

Thanks

I cannot make any changes - I binned the original image and just kept the crop as an "M & M" shot - for one of my usual funny comments

Bill, just looking on the 5k now and it looks like the eye is OOF as well.Im sure others will be along soon to offer more crit.

Thanks Mark

Have you noticed that blue "halo" or line down the back of the birds head and down?

Last edited:
Bill, just looking on the 5k now and it looks like the eye is OOF as well.Im sure others will be along soon to offer more crit.

Interesting

Just looked at the info - it is back in the days when I used "patterned" metering - so I probably used multi point focusing as well ……. and I used f5 which would now be a strange choice for me, it was just over a year ago when I knew a lot less than I know now, (I don't know much now - but I am going through an f8, and 90% spot and spot period)

I now tend to use spot and spot

useful Critique, for me, Mark

Last edited:
Back