Nuthatch

PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
A Nuthatch taken at Etherow park in Marple Compstall near Stockport.

Canon 1DMK111
Canon 70-200 F2.8 L IS USM Lens
Canon 1.4 Extender
ISO 640
F 6.3
1/800 sec

Nuthatch.jpg

Last edited:
Lovily i really love that lens i have never been disopointed with it.
Nice shot

I like it
great composition
maybe a touch soft??

I like it
great composition
maybe a touch soft??

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I wish you could see the full size image it's pin sharp and not a touch soft, must be the size of the image on the site that makes it look soft to you.

Thats my nuthatch lol :D I think there are 2 pairs there, both with offspring.....had some visiting the hide the other day while I was there and were coming from totally different directions!!

Lovely shot, and looks sharp too me ;)

mebbe needs a touch of sharpen after web resize
be nice to see the big'un too!

Lovely shot. And great composition.

I'd like to see the big'un too!

Thats my nuthatch lol :D I think there are 2 pairs there, both with offspring.....had some visiting the hide the other day while I was there and were coming from totally different directions!!

Lovely shot, and looks sharp too me ;)

The Nuthatch is not from the hide, been up there for years at Etherow and the hide is crap for birds. Dont go there walk all the way round Etherow up as far as you can go. You will come to a shelter with a bench near by, this is the place to be. Woodpeckers, Nuthaches and all sorts, the hide is crap.
PS have a look at my pictures in the cafe www.markheywood.co.uk

Last edited:
Very nice, would this be the shelter that has seating on both its sides, one looking to a bird table about 1 and a half meters away?

Very nice, would this be the shelter that has seating on both its sides, one looking to a bird table about 1 and a half meters away?

This shelter is the one if you walk as far as you can into the park. You reach the top of the hill and the shelter faces the woods. You can then walk up a hill that then leads back down towards the back end of the keg pool.

Back