NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

I think that should also be law here too, how many people have had a "near miss" when driving and a "texter" walks out in front of you?
I know I have.,,
At least they had the decency to use the "two finger" sorry when you remind them that you are there, with a swift toot on the hooter (y)

Got one of em today, stepped straight into the road, clipped the bugger who then had the nerve to swear at me, I explained the difference between pavement and road and the fact he was f******g lucky I didn’t reverse back to make sure[emoji23]

I've been with BT broadband for just over a year now, pretty much problem free too.
As part of a retention deal, I was promised a faster speed ( I get about 25meg, slow compared to some I know, but after the fiasco with Talk talk (0.3) its nose bleedingly fast),
with the new modem, that they would supply, as mine was out of date ( at a year old?)
It would just cost me £9.99 P&P.

The new one arrived ( and looks identical to the one I have) I speed tested the old one before swapping, the "old one" came it at 27mbs (y)
I couldn't wait to find out what the new one was going to produce ..
23mbs! what?

I swapped back and forth a few times during the day, and both remained fairly constant.
Sod this, so I contacted customer services, who then decided that they would run a "line check"
No, I just want a £9.99 refund for the useless router..
but the script reading bunny ( she actually sounded quite cute :) ) decided that I needed to instigate a fault report ..
No just the refund is fine thanks,

I was on the phone for just under an hour. Try this try that ..
All checked out..
It does seem however that there is 33Mbs arriving at my property so there must be an internal fault ( her words)
I will send an engineer out to rectify the fault ..
£125 will be added to your next bill ..
Err no thanks, 27mbs is fine.

Now about the refund for the useless modem ..
Ah yes you need an engineer ...
No I f*****g don't!
( I was starting to get slightly irritated by then, can you tell? :D )

Round and round we went ...
Eventually I gave up..
And went back to live chat, where I started. Before BT decided to call me :rolleyes:

Eventually after "there is no way you will get a refund", and me pointing out that they are not ( with that router) meeting the guaranteed 27mbs, and I can leave the contract with no penalties.
They agreed and refunded the £9.99 back to my account, ( that they hadn't deducted anyway :D )

On checking my "account" it seems there is also a fault logged against my phone line
"Cannot make or receive calls"

I never initiated that, plus it would be difficult to do either as there is not a LL plugged in :D

Don't you just love the "script reading bunnies"?

I've been with BT broadband for just over a year now, pretty much problem free too.

We've been problem free too.

Funny thing was, we rang them a couple of weeks ago to notify change of address etc & because it was nearly 12 months since we joined (cheers for the heads up, Chris) & coming up to the end of the cheaper/introductory deal we signed up to, they knocked a couple of quid off (y) + the property we're moving to should be faster @ around minimum47Mb than we get now. Happy days :cool:

(hope I haven't just jinxed the connection for 2 weeks time! :rolleyes: )

Just tested our existing & on 43.35Mb http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Last edited:

We've been problem free too.

BT are fine as long as you don't need to use their customer services? been with them of and on now for about 20 years, left the last time as their "customer services" experience was not quite as good as Cobra's but they got me back, I do like my football and the champions league, but I just pray I never have to contact their crappy care services.

Bedfordshire police commisoner issued a statement to the press, that due to the lack of funds, they were going for zero tolerance on their stretch of the M1
Thats roughly J13- J9 I don't know if it happened or not.

Olly Martins, the Police and Crime Commissioner for the region,
said he hoped the scheme would be up and running by April next year, (2016) and would generate up to a million pounds for his cash strapped force.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ce-approach-to-speeding-on-the-motorways.html

Good to see it’s all about road safety then!!!

I do like my football and the champions league, but I just pray I never have to contact their crappy care services.
One point I forgot to mention, they got all excited when checking my account and realised that I didn't have "sports / TV package" and started to launch into a tirade of "we can do you a great deal on these"
I killed that dead by saying I rarely watch TV and never watch sports.. I could see the disappointment on her little face from here :D

Finally getting to sit down and have my dinner.....

Giant mushrooms stuffed with pancetta and roasted garlic, red onion and rosemary

Finally getting to sit down and have my dinner.....

Giant mushrooms stuffed with pancetta and roasted garlic, red onion and rosemary

And now I am stuffed!

I think 3 of them was to many, I could only manage 2.

(cheers for the heads up, Chris)
After the fiasco above, and them increasing my BB about 4 quid from the offer price of £33.99
I got a letter today, telling me if I act before 2nd nov. I can retian my offer price.
I called them and they were good to their word...
Look for the letter Carl, or call them 0800 169 0614 (y)

1st Ice scrape at 5am of the season today, looks like winter maybe just around the corner ..

1st Ice scrape at 5am of the season today, looks like winter maybe just around the corner ..

Frost here too, got back from London yesterday and it was clear plus getting colder so stuck the blanket on the windscreen just in case.
Last time I did that it poured down, rain soaked through the blanket and dripped into the car where it was held in place by the door

rain soaked through the blanket and dripped into the car where it was held in place by the door
Ooops!
Even worse imo, it pours with rain, and then freezes the blanket to the car and screen

Ooops!
Even worse imo, it pours with rain, and then freezes the blanket to the car and screen

Yep, had that too and agree it's awful, really hate that thick lumpy ice on the screen, can't even scrape it off.
Had a Ford in the early 90's that had a heated front windscreen, great idea, about the only good thing with that car though

Heated screens came on automatically this morning - first time this Autumn/Winter. Nearly had to switch the heated seat on but managed to struggle through! (Absolutely gorgeous sunrise and morning, even if I was driving straight into it for 100 yards or so.)

even if I was driving straight into it for 100 yards or so.)
I spend 2 hours most mornings driving due East .... deep joy :(

Used to end up driving (well, riding!) down the A303 on several Autumn Sunday afternoon/evenings. Straight into the setting Sun!

Now, let's discuss MILFs!!! (When did you earn that?)

They make everything else cordless, why not a cordless hairdryer :(

Shhhh don't let Nilagin hear you say that :D

( completely agree with you though (y) )

:mooning::mooning::mooning::mooning::mooning::mooning::mooning:

No frost for me this morning, it was around 2 degs C though. Started the car, both heated front and rear screen switched themselves on and demisted the windows straight away.
Still didn't feel tempted to use the heated steering wheel though and doubt if I ever will. :p

Still didn't feel tempted to use the heated steering wheel though and doubt if I ever will
That's the trouble with the yung'uns of today, they want everything handed to them on a plate :p

One of my first cars was a TR2, when cars were cars, men were men and heaters were optional extras (y)

You ever had a morning when you go out and have to scrape the windscreen?
Then you get in the car and have to scrape the windscreen again? :grumpy:

When that happens the best thing you can do is go back to bed (y)

:D

You ever had a morning when you go out and have to scrape the windscreen?

See post #416. The s***box A Class has no heated screen but I don't use that early in the mornings. Very tempted to change it for something of a similar size with heated screens - they're magic!

That's the trouble with the yung'uns of today, they want everything handed to them on a plate :p

One of my first cars was a TR2, when cars were cars, men were men and heaters were optional extras (y)
I didn't want the heated steering wheel, I had no plans on ordering a car with one, I didn't particularly want the electric sunroof neither , but seeing as it was all on the car sitting in the showroom and was cheaper than ordering a car without and waiting around 6 months for the car to be built as well, it was rude to turn it down. I will and have used the sunroof though. ;)

After the fiasco above, and them increasing my BB about 4 quid from the offer price of £33.99
I got a letter today, telling me if I act before 2nd nov. I can retian my offer price.
I called them and they were good to their word...
Look for the letter Carl, or call them 0800 169 0614 (y)

Cheers Chris, we had set up a notification/reminder for just before the 12 month deal was ending, but we rang them a couple of weeks ago to check fibre was available & to put them on notice of our impending move.
They knocked us a few quid off straight away for signing another 12 months. (y)

When you have hands with nerve problems , so when it's really cold , they hurt and you lose feeling , then believe me a heated steering wheel is a life saver !

The money comes it, stays for a fleeting second, then the money goes out.

Got to love the end of the month money dance.
Better than Strictly!

So, there was this hipster, all beard and skinny jeans, walking down the road, ...

with the smallest dog you have ever seen, I've killed bigger rats than that on an "off day"
I did point and laugh, ... was I bad?

Ah! What I call dog bait - shove a hook up its fundament and catch a proper dog!

So, there was this hipster, all beard and skinny jeans, walking down the road, ...

with the smallest dog you have ever seen, I've killed bigger rats than that on an "off day"
I did point and laugh, ... was I bad?
Dogs very rarely get to choose their owners, you should feel ashamed with yourself laughing at the poor little fellas misfortune.

you should feel ashamed with yourself laughing at the poor little fellas misfortune.
I'll go and sit in the corner and think about what I did :(

There's a fence along the edge of a field I pass on the way to work.
A section of it was knocked down in an RTA early this year, and never repaired.
Last night, I saw a group of kids picking up the broken sections, and disappearing off into the darkness with them.
Ah yes, November 5th in two days... :p

Some arse tried to log in to 2 of my Gmail accounts early hours of yesterday morning :(
Google didn't recognise the device or location and blocked it.
At least the 2 accounts are not linked to any thing important.
But I spent the next few hours changing all my passwords :(

I suppose it could have been a mistake, same ( highly unlikely though) password and a similar email address?
Still, as above, better save than sorry.

Last edited:
Last night, I saw a group of kids picking up the broken sections,
Very public spirited of them to clear up like that (y)

:D

Back