NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

It is definitely getting a bit colder in the mornings here in Scotland,
Its not exacly toasty down here at 5 am either!
I've resisted so far - but I don't know how long I can hold off
I bottled it a couple of days ago, I hate going into a cold bathroom from a warm bed ...

The house opposite, have recently installed 3 independent pir lights, its like a clip from close encounters out there, each time a cat walks by :rolleyes:

Heating on here as well. Needed air con on all night on Monday night (32°C and too windy to have the window open) and came back to the current cold snap!

When you are listening to music through your headphones it is not a good idea to start singing out loud...... especially so at 04:30 in the morning

"Lollipop lady" seems to have always been there as far back as I can remember ...
She stands at the side of the road, holding up the kids even if there is no traffic in the vicinity, (its a long straight piece of road)
The minute a car is within 50 feet, out she steps waving her lollipop and daring you not to stop "because she can"

Is it true that the black bar on the lollipop:
120px-UK_traffic_sign_605.1.svg.png

Is for chalking down the reg of anyone who Froggers one of the little darlings?

Reactions: Nod
Is it true that the black bar on the lollipop:
No, she just adds one of these each time a car leaves a black line ( or two) under heavy braking ...
download.gif

Liking the "Froggers"!!!

I've always regarded the sign as an instruction. So I've had the sizzle! (I also obey the instruction on boxes of matches and lighters - "Keep away from children".)

I thought sitting in Alexandra Palace paddock car park whilst waiting for the wife was going to be very boring, but no here I am being entertained by women struggling to park their cars in huge spaces as there aren't any markings. Add to that 3 women in turn trying to park in a space that just is big enough whilst there are big enough spaces within view.
Add to that some of the fashion choices. I can only assume they have no mirrors at home. :)

OUCH!
:D

Enjoy your free entertainment (y)
Hopefully my wife won't be much longer and someone else can partake in the entertainment. I have just seen a large 30 something year old woman with a huge belly overhang wearing skin tight grey leggings. I am not sure how much more I can take after that. :eek:

I am not sure how much more I can take after that. :eek:
Its the latest fashion dontcha know.
Enjoy the experience it cheaper than going to "fashion week" (y)

No sleep for me tonight.

At least my neighbors seem to be having a good party :grumpy:

At least my neighbors seem to be having a good party :grumpy:
You need to take up the drums or Bagpipes, I'm sure they are sound asleep now.. just right for practice time (y)

You know how it smells when you're following a vehicle powered by chip oil? I wonder what it'll be like following one powered by the fuel refined from the Whitechapel fat-berg...

So got an "upgrade" to my O2 contract an iPhone 6 32GB

I am in 2 minds whether to keep it or sell it & my Samsung S6 and put the money toward a new Android phone.

Decisions decisions

Today's driving blog ...

1) the lorry driver doing 1/2 mph faster in the outside lane of 2 overtaking the lorry's in the nearside, Ambulance with blues and twos up his arse, and moving from side to side, so they could clearly be seen in either of his mirrors, trying to get him to move over,
Would he move? nope! Even though there a couple of gaps to get into, even the N/S drivers saw what was happening and dropped back to leave a gap
but he was not going to relinquish pole position! :rolleyes:

2) turning right out of a local road, into another local road, correctly positioned, just left of centre, and slightly back from the give way lines,
the surprised look on the twatts face that thought he was going to cut the corner when turning right into the road I was turning out of,
and the gesticulations that followed because he had to brake, quite hard ... twatt!

3) You no longer have to go around roundabouts it would seem, The Red bull racing team, would have been proud of that manoeuvre, had Daniel Ricciardo been driving,
however much you try and imagine, The H9 is NOT Silverstone circuit! :rolleyes:

So got an "upgrade" to my O2 contract an iPhone 6 32GB

I am in 2 minds whether to keep it or sell it & my Samsung S6 and put the money toward a new Android phone.

Decisions decisions

Got my new phone on Saturday.
Just as I chose the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 last time, I chose the Vodafone V8 this time.
Unlimited everything for daft monthly contract, and a belting phone I can do everything on.
Job done.

My Vodafone phone was a disaster, hope you have better luck than me.
The last one was awesome.
This one seems just as good.

So, you go to a friends baby shower party (WTF anyway? )

And then post 20 odd pictures of yourself on FB, (pouting mostly) a couple even included "mum to be", had to be an accident surely? ( the pictures of mum to be, not the pregnancy )
.. How Narcissistic can you get?

Today's driving blog ...

1) the lorry driver doing 1/2 mph faster in the outside lane of 2 overtaking the lorry's in the nearside, Ambulance with blues and twos up his arse, and moving from side to side, so they could clearly be seen in either of his mirrors, trying to get him to move over,
Would he move? nope! Even though there a couple of gaps to get into, even the N/S drivers saw what was happening and dropped back to leave a gap
but he was not going to relinquish pole position! :rolleyes:

:

I've had 3 years of commuting the A1/A14/M11 from Yorkshire to SELondon and have seen that no end of times. Sometimes I think the trucks are on autopilot except that autopilot has some artificial intelligence...

Sometimes I think the trucks are on autopilot except that autopilot has some artificial intelligence...
:LOL: I suspect you're right though.

Selfie culture has just made it easier to identify narcissists.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that either ..
Its all me me me isn't it? :(

Out for a stroll, is it just me that takes a profound interest in the conkers on the ground at the moment, looking for that perfect shaped one? Even though Im not really sure what a perfect shaped one is and certainly have no plans to play a game of conkers. I suppose a big perfectly spherical type shape rather then the "flatties" or "halfies" is what Im looking for, for no reason.

Out for a stroll, is it just me that takes a profound interest in the conkers on the ground at the moment, looking for that perfect shaped one? Even though Im not really sure what a perfect shaped one is and certainly have no plans to play a game of conkers. I suppose a big perfectly spherical type shape rather then the "flatties" or "halfies" is what Im looking for, for no reason.
My interest in them is that I don't slip on one again
[emoji35] [emoji3]

I pick up edible nuts. Came home with a pocketful of hazels this morning and will probably be going out looking for chestnuts soon.

and will probably be going out looking for chestnuts soon.
Chest nuts Mmmm my favourite :D
Just don't let them catch you looking at them ;)

Look what I found. While looking for something else
In Irish the meaning of the name Leary is: Cattle keeper...
I guess that's why you fly O'cattle class with Ryan air?

I don't think I will have any trouble going to the loo tomorrow, I have just sat and ate a whole punnet of grapes.

Figs are £1 for 4 in Sainsbury's if you want to turdocharge your visits... :D :p

The kid, baseball cap, dark glasses ( I assumed he was famous) in the 1.2 Corsa, that thought he could out run the 3.2 v6 beast :D
I waited until he run out of steam, then changed into 3rd (y)

Got to be done! :D
I thought so too :D
My fault entirely ... I shouldn't have encouraged him, by letting him get away from the lights first ;)

Used to love doing that in my old Cortina, looked like a standard car but had a few mods
The number of people I left sitting at the lights when they came along side revving like mad
Foot down and drop the clutch Bye bye :wave:
The good old days :D

The kid, baseball cap, dark glasses ( I assumed he was famous) in the 1.2 Corsa, that thought he could out run the 3.2 v6 beast :D
I waited until he run out of steam, then changed into 3rd (y)
I had something similar before I traded in my ST. Poor lad was thrashing the nuts off his car. I don't think I even gave the ST half throttle.

Back