NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

What is it with these "posers"?
We all agree that its been a tad on the warm side, the last couple of days or so.
Every drop head car I saw today had the roof up, had it been motorway miles, maybe I could have understood it, but this was out in the countryside!

We all agree that its been a tad on the warm side, the last couple of days or so.
Every drop head car I saw today had the roof up, had it been motorway miles, maybe I could have understood it, but this was out in the countryside!

It's probably too hot for them to drop the roof down and don't forget they'll mess their hair :D

It's probably too hot for them to drop the roof down and don't forget they'll mess their hair :D

Hood down, aircon up full bore into the footwells, just like winter with the heater on instead of the AC.

Not myself but Mrs Nod (whose convertible it is) does!

Hard top never came off my MX5, it was structurally important, car flopped about like a fish out of water without it!

Woke up this morning and someone's turned the sun off

Some drop head cars have air conditioning also. Much cooler with roof up and air con on than roof down. So thats my guess.

Some drop head cars have air conditioning also. Much cooler with roof up and air con on than roof down. So thats my guess.
Seems daft to me if that's the case, not really a lot of point in having a drop head..

not really a lot of point in having a drop head..

They're only for posing anyway.

It used to be said that the UK bought more convertibles than anywhere else in Europe. Why!? :LOL:

It used to be said that the UK bought more convertibles than anywhere else in Europe. Why!? :LOL:
I heard that too and of course you answered your own question :D \/
They're only for posing anyway.

I only ever owned one drop head, that was in my early 20's, a TR2, now that was a beast,
Men were men and heaters were optional extra's (y)
I'd drive that in the winter with the top down, and as long as it wasn't raining to hard, you stayed dry, except at traffic lights on red of course :D

Just phoned the vets to see if they have Susie`s test results, they have but for some reason I have to wait for the vet to phone me, crazy way to do it as if the reception can see, then they could give me them :eek::mad:

Vet just phoned, great news it is not a word I can`t say as spelling, but Susie is fine :banana::banana::banana::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Found the word, it is a Histiocytoma

Last edited:
Fairly windy here today, have even had to put a fleece on
Leading an Antarctic expedition Keith? :D
Quite a stiff breeze down souff too, but its a pleasant 24oC at 17.00hrs.
It was 29 early afternoon, but that's a tad too warm

Up in Derby... My old stomping ground.
It's changed....a lot.

I wasn't sure whether to put this in her or in WCMUT.
It certainly gave me a chuckle ..

In my bank earlier today, about a dozen people going about their business, that is, until the peace was shattered, by a local business woman complaining rather loudly, to one of the "wandering" staff members, about the lack of security,
in the "Business auto pay in machine" which is situated ( inside the bank) between the cash machine and the regular pay in, machine.

She was declaring , "everyone can see what I'm doing" I pay in around £3k each day, it wouldn't take long for someone to realise what I'm doing,. I feel at risk paying in between the plebs. ( well she actually never used the word plebs, but we all knew what she meant).
She went on to demand that she should have a "private area" to pay in.

Thanks Ma'am, you just told everyone in the bank, the name of your business, and the amount you carry most days, to the bank " around lunch time"
I suggest that the best form security for you would have been to keep your mouth shut!
No one was interested in what you were doing, or anyone else for that matter, until you started sounding off!

So I sold off all my kit to help pay off the bills I had accumulated whilst I was away staying with the faeries.

Thing is I am stuck in most days and I am going stir crazy!

Before I would just pick up the camera and go out for the day.

Thinking of buying some second hand gear, body and a couple of lenses.

What is with the cost of secondhand lenses though? The ones I have been looking at all seem to be not far off of new price

Mehhh!

What is with the cost of secondhand lenses though? The ones I have been looking at all seem to be not far off of new price
It certainly seems that way Keith!
Not sure what you want to get "Back into it" with,
But I also have a canon 520 HS that's usually in the van "just in case"
Seems it now under £200, ( I paid around £250) the IQ is pretty damned good, and the zoom is outrageous!
( something like 1200mm) hand held and obviously at night

020.jpg

Just a resize, un sharpened etc

022.jpg

Click for larger btw.

HI Chris,

I am a street kind of guy, although I will shoot other stuff that takes my fancy.

I used to own a D90 which served me very well.

If I go second hand it will be with a reputable retailer rather than fleabay.

I have my eye on the following at the moment:

D90 with 15,315 clicks at £195

Or

D7000 with 1,117 clicks at £299

Not sure which to go for, the extra £100 on the D7000 could go toward extra bits and bobs or another lens for instance.

Decisions decisions

I have my eye on the following at the moment:

D90 with 15,315 clicks at £195 Or D7000 with 1,117 clicks at £299
I know nothing of Nikon, except that its spelt differently from Canon :D

Good luck with which ever you decide though Keith (y)

I wasn't sure whether to put this in her

In my bank earlier today, about a dozen people going about their business, that is, until the peace was shattered, by a local business woman complaining rather loudly, to one of the "wandering" staff members, about the lack of security,
in the "Business auto pay in machine" which is situated ( inside the bank) between the cash machine and the regular pay in, machine.

She was declaring , "everyone can see what I'm doing" I pay in around £3k each day, it wouldn't take long for someone to realise what I'm doing,. I feel at risk paying in between the plebs. ( well she actually never used the word plebs, but we all knew what she meant).
She went on to demand that she should have a "private area" to pay in.

Thanks Ma'am, you just told everyone in the bank, the name of your business, and the amount you carry most days, to the bank " around lunch time"
I suggest that the best form security for you would have been to keep your mouth shut!
No one was interested in what you were doing, or anyone else for that matter, until you started sounding off!
You forgot the link / photo of what you wanted to put in her. Or is it NSFW. ;)

Last edited:
So my neighbor managed to set fire to his kitchen.

I would laugh at this point and say karma and all that jazz but for the fact he lives directly underneath me.

Cant wait till I meet with the estate manage to discuss a move

Bloody hell :(

It is the second time it has happened since I have lived here, he gets his money, gets stoned/drunk, goes to cook something is his kitchen and forgets about it/falls asleep

I hope you get what you want :)

I hope they can sort something out.

When I was homeless and in temporary accommodation, after the ex kicked me out, I had to bid on properties and felt I had to also bid on those properties in areas I would not normally want to live in, which is how I ended up here

Good morning people!

Had to put the heating on this morning, what a horrible, cold and miserable morning it is.

Why does the weather have to be so pants on the morning I have an appointment in town?

Shouldn't be surprised living in Scotland I guess

I've had a big smear of seagull sh*te on the office window since early March. Can anyone beat that?

I've had a big smear of seagull sh*te on the office window since early March. Can anyone beat that?
My work college has golden eagle s*** on the front seat of the 4x4!

(Although in fairness I have to add, it is his, and he's imprinting it)

He s***s Golden Eagle crap? THEN sits on it to imprint it? Frikkin' weirdo!

I know nothing of Nikon, except that its spelt differently from Canon :D

Good luck with which ever you decide though Keith (y)

Just took the plunge on a like new D7000 and a nifty on it's way to me for just shy of £400

All excited now :)

Is it coming with battery and memory card? (It's really frustrating if you open 'em up and find they haven't.)

Back