NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

I found myself looking at yet another new lens today..... this is not good
happy45.gif

I found myself looking at yet another new lens today..... this is not good
happy45.gif

Breathe...breathe...
Step away.

Unless you're minted....in which case, have at it! :D

Cool we have a thunder storm coming in :)
They say the same here, but it won't amount to much. It rarely does.
Damn the hills! :(

Think they need to update that map to Hove :)
(y)

I think there is about a 20 min delay, its gotta cross the M25 before it gets to me, it'll get stuck in traffic no doubt :D

You never know, it might arrive with Lightning force :D:D
:p

It'll either get stuck in traffic or get lost :( its cooling off here, quite fast, so I guess no storm tonight.
But its still being forecast for tomorrow AM, just when I'm working outside ...
Marvellous !

Hell of a storm here last night, not sure what time - I kept my eyes shut so didn't see the clock! Felt like it went on for about an hour so was probably about 15 minutes. Cat buggered off to hide under the back bed.

So my neighbor managed to set fire to his kitchen.

I would laugh at this point and say karma and all that jazz but for the fact he lives directly underneath me.

Cant wait till I meet with the estate manage to discuss a move

And for a third time today :(:mad:

Hell of a storm here last night, not sure what time - I kept my eyes shut so didn't see the clock! Felt like it went on for about an hour so was probably about 15 minutes. Cat buggered off to hide under the back bed.

Here in Hove it came in just after midnight, and for the next hour we had the best Lightning storm I have seen in about 40 yrs :cool::cool:

Okay, after the second time, he would know his behaviour posed a risk. Aren't we starting to get into the realms of criminal negligence now?

Okay, after the second time, he would know his behaviour posed a risk. Aren't we starting to get into the realms of criminal negligence now?

I will be raising the issue when I meet with my housing manager

And for a third time today :(:mad:
FFS! some people shouldn't be allowed in these places without adult supervision!

Here in Hove it came in just after midnight, and for the next hour we had the best Lightning storm I have seen in about 40 yrs :cool::cool:
Seems I clipped the edge of it, a few bangs and flashes, a drop of rain, at about 22:00 and it was all over by 22:30.

FFS! some people shouldn't be allowed in these places without adult supervision!
Unfortunately, it appears the adult supervision is living upstairs thinking "Oh no, not again! :facepalm:"
After Grenfell, landlords who do nothing about known fire risks aren't gonna get much sympathy if something goes wrong. :(

Was wrong about the possibility of a storm last night.
It was a belter at about 2.30am.
Never seen lightning like that before... Almost constant. :)

Oh, and the cat slept right through it. :D

Last edited:

Seems I clipped the edge of it, a few bangs and flashes, a drop of rain, at about 22:00 and it was all over by 22:30.

Banging AND flashing?

There is a small section inside my Microwave, some 3 x 2 inches.
A quick google informs me this is a wave guide cover.

Well mine is / was emitting sparks it was all rather pretty actually, but now it has a hole in it and instead of being beige, its rather black.
Honestly, things are just not built to last days!

I've only had it, circa 10 years, I bet the guarantee has also run out :(

:D

I'm rather concerned about the recent satisfaction gained through cleaning my house.

Not a quick dust around....the type of "empty each room completely" cleaning.

Two people from the council are coming out to see me next week to discuss"housing issues"

Two people from the council are coming out to see me next week to discuss"housing issues"
Knowing your luck the "trouble makers" will be the ones that get the "posh new pad" :D

Knowing your luck the "trouble makers" will be the ones that get the "posh new pad" :D
But if they incinerate that instead (where Keith is NOT living upstairsBurning 2.gif ) that's gotta be viewed as a positive outcome, right?

So a couple of years back I was approached by a charity to ask if I could help them with there website as their current one was not suitable/up to the job.

After about 6 months worth of meetings and phone calls I began work on their then to be new website, a couple of more months past as adjustments were made, bits added and taken away, them having a play with it on my server.

So after about say 10 months the website was ready to go live, they had all the features they wanted, a custom staff area for staff to read and download data, custom analytics of staff logins and data read/downloaded, they were very happy with the end result.

I also spent about a further 6 months giving them on going support with their website and teaching them how everything worked.

For all that time and effort they paid handsomely, so no complaints there.

I just went by their website today and it is a mess, gone is the custom built website they asked for to be replaced by some amateurish mess - I mean it really is an absolute mess, even the website they got me to replace in the first place was 100% better than the mess they have now.

Is it normal to feel upset by this? or am I alone in feeling this way?

Do you still have contact with anyone connected with the charity who could tell you what happened?
Not necessarily a reflection on you; could be someone with admin access let their kid redo it for a school project, or something.

They took on a new admin worker during the last 6 months I worked with them on it who claimed to know a "thing or two" and seemed on the surface to understand what I was telling/teaching them - This change only seems to have happened recently though so not sure if it was them or not.

I still have a contact with the charity so may well ask.

I just can't believe they would spend all that money, time and effort and then do this to it.

They took on a new admin worker during the last 6 months I worked with them on it who claimed to know a "thing or two" and seemed on the surface to understand what I was telling/teaching them - This change only seems to have happened recently though so not sure if it was them or not.

I still have a contact with the charity so may well ask.

I just can't believe they would spend all that money, time and effort and then do this to it.
Give them a frank appraisal, and then charge them again for redoing it.

So I travel all the way into London to train 8 people and only 1 turns up.....

I'm still getting the same money but what a waste of time...

Back