NWIOT.... Not Worth It's Own Thread

Do you still have contact with anyone connected with the charity who could tell you what happened?
Not necessarily a reflection on you; could be someone with admin access let their kid redo it for a school project, or something.

Well I got in touch and the answer I got back was that a new "group" was set up to handle public facing media and they decided to change it

Again I just can't believe they would spend all that money, time and effort and then do this to it.

Well I got in touch and the answer I got back was that a new "group" was set up to handle public facing media and they decided to change it

Again I just can't believe they would spend all that money, time and effort and then do this to it.
Meh...you got paid for your work.
What they do after that is up to them, providing your name isn't on it.

Two people from the council are coming out to see me next week to discuss"housing issues"

Well they cancelled and are coming next Wednesday at 1pm followed at 3pm by my housing manager

In other news my neighbor takes great delight in telling me they are re-fitting his flat with a new kitchen, bathroom and all the rest his flat because of the "black stuff" all over his flat [sarcasm] wonder how that got there?[/sarcasm]

So since Monday I have had the joys of lots of building noise from 8am through till late

Just watched a video clip of a dog taking a pee........ up an electric fence

I know I shouldn't LOL but I did
lol.gif

Just watched a video clip of a dog taking a pee........ up an electric fence
I had a mate do that a few years ago,
We were out shooting, he nipped to the side a willow tree, and pee'd on the fence that separated the field from the stream..
He yelped like a dog too ..
I've never forgotten it and I never let him forget it either ... :
It still makes me smile typing this :D

:jawdrop:Ouch!!!!!!
That's kinda what he said too :D

And there was the time he stepped over a low fence right on the edge of a stream, one foot on the grass bank
the other in the shallow stream, he was convinced that the fence wasn't electric, and wasn't bothered if he touched it. I new different ...
he's a bit of a twatt at times :D

Last edited:
I knew a guy who got a shock off a faulty monitor at work.
He mentioned it wasn't as bad as the time he'd peed on an electric fence.
electro.gif
To add insult to injury, the shock made him fall backwards, but as he hadn't finished what he'd started...
umbrella 1.gif
His "friends" never let him forget the incident.

Well that was curious.
I did an on line purchase with Jessops on Sat.
Billing address in one place, delivery address not that far away, from the billing address.
Late Sat I got an email asking me to phone customer service.
I phoned them just now, to find out what was up..

The guy asked me to tell him, a couple of local land marks, or roads very close to, or adjoining the billing address.
Which I did, and asked why.

Apparently as its classed as a "high value item" bought over the web, via card, they needed to run an extra security check.

Well done Jessops (y)

Well that was curious.
I did an on line purchase with Jessops on Sat.
Billing address in one place, delivery address not that far away, from the billing address.
Late Sat I got an email asking me to phone customer service.
I phoned them just now, to find out what was up..

The guy asked me to tell him, a couple of local land marks, or roads very close to, or adjoining the billing address.
Which I did, and asked why.

Apparently as its classed as a "high value item" bought over the web, via card, they needed to run an extra security check.

Well done Jessops (y)

So the nosy among us, me, want to know what your bought

So the nosy among us, me, want to know what your bought
I was toying the sigma 150-600C then a little unexpected extra ££ came my way while I was still thinking about it, so it just had to be ....

the Canon 100-400 f/4.5- f/5.6 MKII :)

edit, I just received an email telling me that its now in the hands of the courier on 24 service :woot:

Last edited:
Well after praising Jessops HERE I have to say, they let me down today :(

Having checked the tracking number a couple of times and no results, I phoned Jessops late afternoon as it was sent 4pm yesterday by 24 courier.
Seems it wasn't after all. But I have been assured that it went at 3pm by 24 hour courier ...

I guess to be fair the web site did say 2-3 working days....

I want my toy 570e1d2c31411_1(16).gif
:dummy:

It's been purloined by a gang of hairy pink worms, who are heading to the Queensway Cash Converters as I type. :p

Queensway Cash Converters
I'm worried that you know there is a CC in Queensway :p
( so named after the Queens visit, must have been early 60's)

Seriously ? WTF!

FireShot Capture 23 - (1) Facebook - https___www.facebook.com_.png

Scientists have identified a new species of snake in the UK.
No, it's not pink...
It will be once (if) the sun shines and it gets sun burned :D

Curiously, they must have reclassified the "Grass snakes"
Years ago the "common" grass snake was Natrix natrix helvetica

Scientists say the barred grass snake, Natrix helvetica, is actually a different species to the common or eastern grass snake, Natrix natrix.

Taxonomy's always been a bit of a car wreck.
To the public, they were/are/will be "Grass Snakes".
The poor scientists are constantly having to check current research to find out what they're gonna be calling them this week.

My pond is full, the newly laid turf is well watered in, its ok to stop raining now ...
... honestly it is (y)

Back when you were a New Roman Tick?

Where would be be today Sans letters?

And as Bob Marley sang, I shot the Serif (y)

Many (many, many!!!) years ago, Dad had an opportunity to import and sell micro sailing dinghies called Dingbats. Great fun - strictly single seater, almost like a sailing canoe crossed with a windsurfer but predated the popularity of the latter by about a decade.

These poutie duck lips thingies that seem to be all the rage on facebook etc...

My Mum always used to say, stop pulling faces, if the wind changes, you will be stuck like that ...

Sitting in a small queue of traffic, you know the way you start to gaze around, as you are starting to get bored?
I glanced across at the passenger in a large van, and sure enough there was one of these "duck faced" girls,
It had been windy the day before too ..

Seems Mums know best, after all (y)

Slug eyebrows and punched in the face lips? Why?

So I have a chap booked in to measure up for new blinds, due to turn up this evening, first available appointment and all that.

Calls and asks to come at 11am, OK not a problem

Does all his measuring, gives me his spiel and the final cost, double what I was originally told!

I told the him I had already been given a cost and that it had included a double discount, he said I should not have been given a price as he had not measured up and that they are not doing a double discount.

So I pull up their website and show him, double discount, 40% off the price - He didn't seem to have much to say after that

Still paying just over what I expected but it's certainly better than his original non discounted price.

Still paying just over what I expected but it's certainly better than his original non discounted price.
A bit of a result in the end (y)

Back