Nyhavn Sunrise

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a couple of days in Copenhagen earlier this week and woke up early one day so headed out just around sunrise.

Took this shot as a bracketed sequence with the intention of making an HDR, but in truth I wasn't too happy with the result, so I think this is the -2 EV exposure pushed up in Lightroom.

Yes, there's some glare in places from shooting into the sun [I might revisit with a local adjustment brush on the front on the left side boat], but overall I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Nyhavn Sunrise
by Ben Goddard, on Flickr

What do you reckon?

I reckon, other than the small green sun flares, you've got a rather nice result there.

Thanks for the critique peeps!

Steve, ask and ye shall receive! Here's a view from further down, shooting up the harbour with the sun to my back obviously.

Nyhavn II

I don't find the result as strong personally. I did get down there around sunset the day before, but the sun set more across the harbour than down it:

Nyhavn III

It's a lovely place Copenhagen, and in a flying two day visit we barely scratched the surface. Must get back back some time soon!

Last edited:
Lovely stuff - we went there for a few days last summer and loved it - definitely going back.

The colour and vibrancy of Nyhavn really come through here.

Lovely stuff - we went there for a few days last summer and loved it - definitely going back.

The colour and vibrancy of Nyhavn really come through here.
Cheers Gary, saw some of your Copenhagen shots on your Flickr stream after you went. Must try going in the summer next time.

Thanks for the critique peeps!

Steve, ask and ye shall receive! Here's a view from further down, shooting up the harbour with the sun to my back obviously.

Nyhavn II

I don't find the result as strong personally. I did get down there around sunset the day before, but the sun set more across the harbour than down it:

Nyhavn III

It's a lovely place Copenhagen, and in flying two day visit we barely scratched the surface. Must get back back some time soon!

Now that is my type of image. Excellent. So much better its unreal.

Back