Offical 2019 Six Nations Thread

Did Wales win the match or did the French throw it away? o_O

Not sure.

An amazing match (in an odd way). The French were immaculate in the first half but then what happened? Wales were much better in the second and made the best of the opportunities but it really looked, as is often said, a different French team took the field in the second.

Dave

French complacency, they thought they had it in the bag. Good result for Wales. Loved the post match interview where the commentator asked the Welsh captain to say how important North is and he completely ignored her and said the team did well in the second by half, he has secured his place in Politics.

2 gifts that Wales gratefully accepted. George North was good enough to accept both.

Yes, a well deserved win for England. Scotland v Italy was also a good game, but there are a few questions for Scotland against stronger opposition.

Dave

"Am I easily pleased or is this a good game?"

I think the more important question is: what have they done with the England team? Because they seem to have replaced them with something just a little bit better :D

Scotland should have humped the Italians but a try chopped off and lax defending near the end sspoiled it, looking good for all the rest of the games, interesting times ahead, be nice if the weather warmed up, my erse was about frozen to the seat on Saturday. Still top of the league, if only for a week, woohoo.

"Am I easily pleased or is this a good game?"

I think the more important question is: what have they done with the England team? Because they seem to have replaced them with something just a little bit better :D
England played with massive intensity on Saturday and it was good to see, but it wasn't like Ireland played badly either. Best game of international rugby I can recall seeing in a while.

Well refereed as well I felt.

England played with massive intensity on Saturday and it was good to see, but it wasn't like Ireland played badly either. Best game of international rugby I can recall seeing in a while.

Well refereed as well I felt.

Yes exactly. Ireland played well. England played better.

I thought the referee was very good - of course I would have liked it to be a try but he was right on everything else so he may well have been right about that.

Good start!!!

:p:p:p

A mongrel from English, French, Irish, Scottish and a dash of Italian blood.

Not that I know of (but I do love a slice of lamb!!!) Plenty of salt water taffy gone through as well.

Well I’m glad that the Pro 14 resumes this weekend, I need a break from Scotland games and the heart strain.

That was a tremendous last game of the weekend, as an Edinburgh supporter I was hoping the Warriors would run them ragged and they’d still be done in for next weekends clash with the gunners.

It’s all gone quiet over here

Still watching the important match! :p

Congrats to the grand slammers - entertaining game.

"Joe Schmidt has defied Warren Gatland's wish to close the roof to the elements despite the storm warning hanging over Cardiff today. The decision has been met with criticism in Wales where they are gearing up for a Grand Slam party"

Thanks Joe! :)

"Joe Schmidt has defied Warren Gatland's wish to close the roof to the elements despite the storm warning hanging over Cardiff today. The decision has been met with criticism in Wales where they are gearing up for a Grand Slam party"

Thanks Joe! :)

Ireland aren’t the only nation to train in the wind and rain.

diolch yn fawr.

Still watching the important match! :p

And that was even more entertaining than the Wales/Ireland match!

I was thinking it was a great comeback in the 2nd half for Scotland! Certainly an entertaining match, even if it was a bit squeaky bum at the end!

Brilliant display from Wales yesterday, gutted we let them in at the end though, but the game was won. AWJ must surely be man of the tournament? Gatland (love or loathe his style of play) has done it again, for the 3rd time, I wonder if Pivac can do the same, somehow I doubt it. Fantastic party atmosphere in Cardiff lastnight, here's hoping for a bigger party come September.

I was thinking it was a great comeback in the 2nd half for Scotland! Certainly an entertaining match, even if it was a bit squeaky bum at the end!

Incredible come back from Scotland, they were out of it at only 20 mins in the first half, they could have and should have won! How the hell does a side who claim to be in contention for RWC 2019 throw away a 31 point lead at home? Mind bogling to say the least. Eddie Jones will need to rethink his defensive tactics me thinks.

Plenty of grit in extra time but a woeful performance for the first 40 minutes of the second half.

Alun Wyn Jones has been named as player of the tournament, quite righty too IMO.

No argument from me.

Back