Official Mike's Stupendous Pentax K-1 and K-3 III thread

As an ex Pentax owner I still pop in here now and then to see what you are up to - you really do make that camera shine Mike. Im firmly in the Sony camp now, funny enough purely for the ease of use that shooting with old vintage Pentax glass has become. I could never afford the top dollar glass, but I fell in love with the K series primes and still use them now. I do miss my K5, it handled so well, but the EVF is something I can't do without now...

Thanks Martin, I really enjoy shooting with the K-1 and I think it will be with me for a long time (especially as Pentax only seem to release a new body about once every 5 years these days) :LOL:

Must admit I would give one of my kidneys for the Sony 200-600mm though.

Inventive, I like this alot

... with Canon MT-24ex Macro twin flash. I have always wondered if the Canon twinflash would work in manual mode on the K-1 or whether it would destroy either the camera or flash. Decided to try it today and thankfully it worked fine. :)
That's good to know Mike. I've tried to research this in the past so that I could use the MT-24 on my 645Z.

@Mike.P

PENTAX_Silver_K-1_Mark_II_and_lenses_8.26.2020.jpg.png

@Malfis Are you not using the K-1 you purchased recently?

I'm sad to say that I sold it.
Having invested also in a couple of Sony FF (A7Riv & A7iii) and Olympus EM1 iii, something had to go. I was using the K1 very infrequently, so it's gone to a home where it will get used.
I've still got the K5iiS (Won't sell that).

Used the K-1 this morning for the first time in months, bit like most others I am feeling the photography blues.

Nothing exciting but as one of the "many" users of this thread I thought it needed updating, was bloody freezing out as well which didn't help :LOL:

IMGP1813_Jpg-1
by Michael Pursey, on Flickr

IMGP1859_Jpg
by Michael Pursey, on Flickr

Back