1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
  2. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'll have you know there are at least 3 of us in total on the 2 biggest Pentax forums ... and between them they must have around 8 members which means roughly 25% of us have a K-1. Ricoh Pentax is poised for world domination.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  3. Canon Bob

Canon Bob Loves the Enemy

Name:
    Bob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Whilst I don't anticipate getting a K-1, impressive as it is, I'm more than happy with my 645Z and its lenses....onwards and upwards, I say.

4. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    Out in the forest today with the dog. Have to say I was a bit unsure whether I should have bought the K-1 to begin with as I never really wanted full frame but the detail you can pull out with the Sony sensor is quite incredible. Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG HSM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    doggel, Greggster and maarten.dhaese like this.
  5. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
  6. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore

Name:
    Geoff
    Edit My Images:
    No
    2 ... Army of 2 :)

7. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    Weyhay ... doubled the ownership on this forum alone :banana:

Feel free to post some pictures :)

chrism_scotland likes this.
  8. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    Must stop taking the camera out when I walk the dog, I mean how many pictures of leaves can one person take :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    doggel and chrism_scotland like this.
  9. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore

Name:
    Geoff
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Ok ;)

Stout - Little Titan
    [​IMG]

The Low lighthouse is one of three lighthouses in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, England and the only one which is still active. It is a Grade II listed building. Built in 1832

Adventures at Night
    [​IMG]

The 2nd Severn Bridge illuminated at night

Hidden Landscape - Clun Castle
    [​IMG]

Early morning photographic adventure</a> in search of a hidden landscape around the ruins of Clun Castle in Shropshire, England.

A misty late morning blue hour made way to an explosion of fog and swirling atmosphere around the old castle ruins as the sun broke the horizon and warmed the cool of the night into the warmth of the day.

by Geoff Moore, on Flickr

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    doggel, Greggster, ukaskew and 4 others like this.
  10. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    Nice, I went to Burnham-on-sea in 2013. I had the Pentax K-5IIs at the time and only took a 18-135mm lens so not the best but ...

[​IMG]

Picked up a decently priced mint D FA 28-105mm at the weekend which should be arriving today. :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Greggster likes this.
  11. Geoff Moore

Geoff Moore

Name:
    Geoff
    Edit My Images:
    No
    @Mike.P the D FA 28-105mm punches well above its price point! Id argue better than the 24-70 in quality from my testing/looking. I'm sure you will love it.

12. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
  13. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    Bit of funky cloud action

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    doggel and maarten.dhaese like this.
  14. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
  15. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Looking good Mike!

Mike.P likes this.
  16. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No
    How did you find the 15-30mm Chris?

SRS have £500 off @ £999 and I'm tempted to give one a try.

17. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Its a cracking lens and for that price I'd go for it, I think that's even cheaper than this time last year!
    Excellent IQ albeit it is big!

18. Blythman

Blythman

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've no hesitation in recommending the 15-30 @Mike.P ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  19. Blythman

Blythman

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The only frustration I have with Pentax is the AF tracking. So much so, I've bought a D500 for wildlife, and paired it with a 200-500. After disappointing results, the lens went back and I went out with the K-1 and DA 560mm to the local Nature Reserve for a couple of hours on Saturday. In poor light. Shooting between 1/125 and 1/250 at f5.6 and ISO between 1600 and 2500. Maybe I'm expecting too much of the 200-500 but I'm getting a 2nd copy delivered today, and it needs to be able to deliver shots like these, or its maybe a compromise too far.

Male Great Spotted Woodpecker
    [​IMG]

Female Great Spotted Woodpecker
    [​IMG]

Nuthatch
    [​IMG]

Blue Tit
    [​IMG]

Brown Rat
    [​IMG]

And last, but not least ......
    [​IMG]

Greggster likes this.
  20. Blythman

Blythman

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Some portraits too. Pentax K-1 and D FA 28-105

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greggster, Mike.P and doggel like this.
  21. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No

I have used a Canon 7D along with a Sigma 150-600mm sport for quite a while now, I got fed up with Pentax AF tracking (or lack of it) years ago. I have looked at the D500/200-500mm combo a number of times but am seeing some inconsistancy with the Nikon lens so the Pentax 15-30mm I was asking about went by the wayside and I purchased a new Canon 100-400mm MKII.

The 7DII is on my radar now but I don't do much in the way of BIF so I don't need fast AF over the winter months therefore I will probably wait and see what the next Canon body is going to offer.

I will keep the K-1 and a few lenses for full frame but I'm in 2 minds about what to do with the K-3II and crop lenses

Blythman likes this.
  22. Blythman

Blythman

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    SRS thought my 200-500 was fine but thankfully gave me a refund without a fuss. My new one has been delivered an hour ago. Will calibrate and see what it can do at the weekend. That 100-400 gets great reviews, yet I don't know anyone using it. Other than one guy using the 200-500 (who swears by it), the majority are using 300mm f2.8 with convertors, which is a route I might end up taking. But I'll want a long zoom for my yearly airshow.

Like you, I'm wondering what to do with my Pentax crop lenses.

23. welshwizard645

welshwizard645

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Do I make it 3 or 4?

Had mine nearly a year, and also bought a D810 in the meantime. Used the K-1 in anger in Cuba last month (not gone through the pictures yet) but first impressions of using it plus the 15-30 are pretty good. images zinged out of the LCD, especially the old american cars zooming along the Malecon in Havana.

Frustrations are: different button layout compared to the K-3.

I am also contemplating the unthinkable: selling the K3 and the DA/DA* crop lenses. And the FA* zooms :)eek:), I had always hankered after the 28-70 and 80-200 but realised very quickly the main limitation of both lenses, they are non-IF - a pain if you are using filters (and different filter sizes). Just ot get the DFA lenses.

As a usual singular Pentax user in photographic workshops I get regular comments about being a Pentax widow. I mention that during one of our regular club meetings a presenter commented that Pentax had WR but noone uses them, THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE NOT SEEN! when it starts raining CaNikony users run for cover or shroud their cameras, and I say 'It's a Pentax! :pentax:

24. welshwizard645

welshwizard645

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Ding Dong! Great photos Alan

25. Mike.P

Mike.P

Edit My Images:
    No