Offshore - Subsea Contruction

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Not sure if this is the most appropriate section for these images, the vessels are a form of transport I suppose, but feel free to point me to the an more appropriate location if required.

Every time I've been offshore I've always regretted not taking the camera, so eventually bit the bullet and done it. Here's just a few, I have loads still to go through. These are taken from the Siem Daya 2, a subsea construction vessel that was working on our project (BP Quad 204). All C & C welcome!

Siem Daya 2 Helideck at dusk by Chris Allan, on Flickr

North Sea Atlantic. Technip vessel working on the BP Quad 204 project by Chris Allan, on Flickr

Olympic Challenger from Siem Daya 2 bridge by Chris Allan, on Flickr

Deep Sea Aberdeen drilling in the Quad 204 project by Chris Allan, on Flickr

North Sea Atlantic from Siem Daya 2 by Chris Allan, on Flickr

Grabbing some fresh air on the helideck by Chris Allan, on Flickr

Cheif Officer Siem Daya 2 by Chris Allan, on Flickr

Siem Daya 2 Mobilisation by Chris Allan, on Flickr

something you don't see every day... thanks for sharing

I really enjoyede looking through these. The company I work for makes/supplies much of the weather instruments used for helideck safety both on ships and the rigs themselves - nice to see some of it in-situ :)

Some spectacular rendition, some not so… but a groovy set!

Good variety in the shots and it looks like you've had some pretty good weather on this trip. Really like the mono shot of the guy at the controls as I feel that colour would have been too distracting.

great set of photos, I love industrial work and these are fascinating.

Maybe a touch too much vignette on the last two, but all in stunningly captured too!

Sort of thing I hope I can be photographing the people of one day...

Thanks for posting these,I work with offshore helicopters all day and always wonder what its like at the other end. Looks very calm out there and totally not what I was expecting, although I imagine it can get very wild!

Thanks for posting these,I work with offshore helicopters all day and always wonder what its like at the other end. Looks very calm out there and totally not what I was expecting, although I imagine it can get very wild!

We had some great weather this year! In fact better than expected, however there was a few rough days too. Its not normally calm this far west of Shetland! :)

Thanks for these, really interesting set.
loved looking through them thank you

Glad you liked them! :)

Really interesting and well captured , not the usual run of the mill stuff , well done (y)

Really like the first set and the last shot in the first set is my favourite. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting set and well taken. I was on a similar vessel last December (Toisa Voyager) when it was in Port Sunderland for a demob, wish I had my DSLR as there were some interesting moments. I have noticed on the marine traffic website that it has only moved down to Hull since the demob so looks like it is still awaiting a job, perhaps indicative of the offshore industry at the moment?

Really interesting images,thanks for sharing. Really like the black and white bridge shot and the dusk shot that follows.

Excellent set, Broken Man is very good (y)

Really interesting and well captured , not the usual run of the mill stuff , well done (y)

I have more, and considering that people have enjoyed these, i'll post some more :)

Great photos, as a seafarer involved in a different discipline off work, I find these images very interesting, look forward to more.

Its certainly an interesting occupation! I find the variety of what we do it astonishing!

great set of photos, I love industrial work and these are fascinating.

Maybe a touch too much vignette on the last two, but all in stunningly captured too!

Sort of thing I hope I can be photographing the people of one day...

I agree with the vignetting, on one of them, my lens was covered in water / rain, and I think when I boosted the contrast the natural vignetting of the lens didn't help! Appreciate your comments all the same! :)

Really like the first set and the last shot in the first set is my favourite. Thanks for sharing.
Great set

Thanks appreciate it! :)

Interesting set and well taken. I was on a similar vessel last December (Toisa Voyager) when it was in Port Sunderland for a demob, wish I had my DSLR as there were some interesting moments. I have noticed on the marine traffic website that it has only moved down to Hull since the demob so looks like it is still awaiting a job, perhaps indicative of the offshore industry at the moment?

The last time I recall seeing the Tosia Voyager was in Dry Dock at Rosyth in Edinburgh, not sure why it was there. But I remember the distinctive name!

Excellent set, Broken Man is very good (y)

Yeah, I like this one too. In fact my colleague in the photo actually got it printed and put on his wall. This was us stretching our legs on heli-deck during some rather good weather. He had spent almost 12 weeks offshore (with small breaks in between) but he was very much ready for a longer break at this point.

Thanks for sharing, some very good unusual shots :) looking forwards to seeing some more.

A really great set, thanks for posting them. I really like the OOW in laid-back mode!

Back