Ogmore-by-Sea

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Took a drive across the border on Easter Sunday and ended up in the little seaside town of Ogmore-by-Sea on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast.
The sunset itself was nothing special, but the golden light beforehand was quite pleasant, especially with the fisherman adding an extra point of interest.
Comments, thoughts, criticism all welcomed.

Severn Sea Fisherman by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Ogmore-by-Sea by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Being a sea angler Jake I really like the first image and I'm hoping to take a few similar shots myself this year!

The second image really doesn't do much for me though.

Really like the first image Jake.
Horizon needs a slight tweak to the left though.
Perfect amount of water movement.

Hi Jake
Some nice light coming in from the right Jake warms up the shot nicely. Really like the movement in the sea there, like that little bit in the RH foreground with the water spilling over the rocks. Fishermen give a bit of perspective and they are nicely lit by the setting sun. You got your right foot in a rock pool;)?

No2 I like the eddies running back from that little rock in the crevice, and like that low sun with the reflection across the sea....

I think No 1 is my pick mate............ I have been wondering.... when Landscape format is pitched up against portrait format I always get the feeling that the portrait gets the short changed. I know that's not always the case but I think its something to do with the Landscape looks to have a larger area. I have noticed if you exhibit photos people tend to migrate toward landscape over portrait. Maybe I'm wrong, just a theory I have :)

Being a sea angler Jake I really like the first image and I'm hoping to take a few similar shots myself this year!

The second image really doesn't do much for me though.
Thank you Neil, I agree, the second is naff in comparison!
Really like the first image Jake.
Horizon needs a slight tweak to the left though.
Perfect amount of water movement.
Thank you Ruth, it's level though, the way of the land makes it looks slightly on the wonk.
Hi Jake
Some nice light coming in from the right Jake warms up the shot nicely. Really like the movement in the sea there, like that little bit in the RH foreground with the water spilling over the rocks. Fishermen give a bit of perspective and they are nicely lit by the setting sun. You got your right foot in a rock pool;)?

No2 I like the eddies running back from that little rock in the crevice, and like that low sun with the reflection across the sea....

I think No 1 is my pick mate............ I have been wondering.... when Landscape format is pitched up against portrait format I always get the feeling that the portrait gets the short changed. I know that's not always the case but I think its something to do with the Landscape looks to have a larger area. I have noticed if you exhibit photos people tend to migrate toward landscape over portrait. Maybe I'm wrong, just a theory I have :)
Thanks for your comments Steve :)
I agree one is definitely stronger, and no, no wet feet at all! Hurrah!!
I tend to lean towards portrait a lot of the time, if you look through my Flickr stream I'm sure you'll notice. For me landscape can be too wide, obviously it's scene dependant, but a lot of the time I find that portrait orientation holds the elements together better.

I've put it on a grid.
It's not level.
It's slight...but it's there.
But your happiness with how it is is all that matters.

I've put it on a grid.
It's not level.
It's slight...but it's there.
But your happiness with how it is is all that matters.
0.02 deg clockwise to bring it directly in line across the image. That's levelled at a 400% zoom to ensure it's on point on either side.
Nothing to worry about really and it's level in camera. The haze on the horizon doesn't help, nor does the lay of the land on the Exmoor coast.

Back