OH ICM

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Like Marmite ICM shots but something I enjoy doing now and then when the standard landscape shot isn't on or working. These create great memories of two magical weeks away from the stressful hustle bustle of daily life.
Standard landscape format first but my preference is for both the squares because I'm in a square mood at the moment.

ICM by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

ICM II by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

My personal preference is for this square below, the colour so typical of the Hebrides.

ICM III by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Last edited:

Definitely, the third blows it. Delicious! (y)

Gorgeous set. 1 for me, with 3 a very, very close 2nd.

Number 1 for me..... Almost instant relaxation as soon as you look at it.

If the third was mine it would be on my wall - it's an abstract painting and I know what you mean about the colours. I've not been to the Hebrides, only to the NW mainland coast but my ties to the place are being tugged by that.

As usual I'm going against the grain, #2 for me, a few weeks ago I bought an oil painting reminiscent of that. They are all very good examples of ICM but I am not too keen on the ghost mountains in #1 although the light and colours are very good, #3 works well but having seen #2 the colours seem muted.

ICM leaves a lot of folk cold.

ICM well done is a beautiful photographic genre. Forgive me dissing No 2 but 1 & 3 are excellent examples of the genre- they evoke emotions and allow you to share that with those who weren't there but can appreciate it. Artful.

Can I ask where you were and what your setting s were for these please.

First and 3rd for me, more of these please...

I like them all and IMO they improve in order 1 2 3.

Thanks guys, weather considerably miserable this morning. :(

Lovely! Just a single (slow-ish) exposure with the camera moved gently across the frame during the shot?
That's about it really. It's very much trial and error with an element of luck. The more you do the more you get a sense of what works and what doesn't. Took lots of ME's and ICM's shots on this trip, the more I look at the last picture the more I think it's a multiple exposure rather than ICM.

I like the first one, but is this the new HDR/ Spot colour ?
Thanks. Don't know to be honest, don't really follow trends but folks have been doing ICM or multiple exposures for decades so nothing new here.

Thanks guys, weather considerably miserable this morning. :(
That's about it really. It's very much trial and error with an element of luck. The more you do the more you get a sense of what works and what doesn't. Took lots of ME's and ICM's shots on this trip, the more I look at the last picture the more I think it's a multiple exposure rather than ICM.

Yes I think you may be right on that last one being an ME - it really works in any event. Mrs DD loved it, thought ti looked like a painting :)

Back