OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

St Peter & St Pauls church, Carbrooke, Norfolk. EOS M full spectrum, 18-55, 1/25, f8.0, ISO200
St Peter + St Paul Carbrooke 002.jpg

St Marys, Starston, Norfolk.
St Marys small.jpg
Taken with my Fuji X-A5, 15-45mm, 1/300, f5.6, ISO200

St Mary Magdalene in Pulham StMary,
St Mary Magdalene small.jpg
Fuji X-A5 full spectrum, 15-45mm, 1/140, f5.6, ISO200

Pipes of Seaton Burn (Northumberland). D700 with weak IR filter and corrected white balance settings (to fix the hellscape colours out of the camera)

IR Pipes 1.JPGIR Pipes 2.JPGIR Pipes 3.JPGIR Pipes 4.JPGIR Pipes 5.JPGIR Pipes 6.JPG

Inphoto,

I really like the first one. You seem to have the classic IR effect on the nearest leaves but those behind are green.

Do you know what led to that result? Was the lighting very unusual?

Andy.

I have no idea. The V3 I have is a 7MP camera that seems it has a filter missing and acts as a full spectrum camera, it also has a nightshot mode that removes the in-camera IR filter. I then put either an orange filter to pull out more color or a 720nm that cuts more of the visible light. Then in PS I usually invert colors. I can't remember the setup on camera or the workflow...

I have no idea. The V3 I have is a 7MP camera that seems it has a filter missing and acts as a full spectrum camera, it also has a nightshot mode that removes the in-camera IR filter. I then put either an orange filter to pull out more color or a 720nm that cuts more of the visible light. Then in PS I usually invert colors. I can't remember the setup on camera or the workflow...
On my V1 the nightshot mode also turns on an IR LED, giving some IR illumination close in.
I had read of a modification adding a magnet to keep the hot mirror retracted even in Normal mode. This is a considerable benefit as Nightshot mode forces a monochrome green colour & high ISO etc. Screwing the filter adapter in all the way actually disables nightshot!

It's quite possible the green leaves are simply those in sun light, as the sun is quite low giving lots of shadows.

The sort of image Nightshot gives with an IR filter is
nightshot ir DSC00575a by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Though I may have turned down the saturation (I usually reduce it to zero) I haven't used it for about 10 years now.

Last edited:
I also have the V1 and the nightshot mode with the 720nm gives a picture like yours. The shutter speed is very low too, I must have a steady hand and an ND2 filter on. I have a PS process I can pull out some blue from this kind of images

Original

PShopped

Back