OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

Nice set, I like the tractor (y)

Playing in the garden with my X-E1 and a small IR torch off of eBay....

ir-torch.jpg

Yes I must admit, the processing is the hardest part to master. Wish I could find a good guide somewhere.

I only use Lightroom! Do I have to get PS? My d70 is 720 converted and gives pink/red sky

Very nice Ian (y)

Churchyards to seem to excel in infra red

Churchyards to seem to excel in infra red

Thanks. They do indeed. Simon Marsden made a career out of it. Was hoping to get up the bell tower yesterday when they had an open day. Damn health & safety :(

hello once again, sorry I've not been contributing much to this thread lately. The stuff I have to do so i can do the things i like to do keeps getting in the way...

I've just come back from Uganda (which is amazing btw) and had my IR D80 with me. Processing time allowing there should be a good deal of updates soon :D

That second one is really nice Phil.

A couple of very good images, excellent (y)

Nice one Derek (y)

Wow, that border is so distracting. Any change you can repost without the border?

Here's three shot today with my new toy. Shot on Enhance IR converted 20D.

The Venus - LAOWA 15mm f/4 Wide Angle 1:1 Macro Lens. None at full 1:1 as that's 4.7mm focal distance. Gets nice and close focus though.

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Put more of my thoughts on it in a post with regards to IR having had a first play with it today.
http://www.akeyphoto.co.uk/2016/laowa-15mm-f4-wide-angle-lens-infrared-tryout/
Hi Chris,,,love the first one. It is the first post for me. I am worth here. Thanks for the invite I will post some pictures as soon as I get along. (Boofers)

Nothing like being lost in some wonderful pictures..

Last edited:
Yes I must admit, the processing is the hardest part to master. Wish I could find a good guide somewhere.

I had a bit of a search as just bought the R72 filter to have a go at IR.
Hopefully these articles may be of some help:

Taking IR photos

Processing IR photos

After reading a thread on another forum, I ordered a Hoya R72 filter 52mm for the EOS-M just to give it a go.

The camera won't focus as it's too dark, so basically manually focussed, carefully attached the filter then rested the camera on a wall and guessed at where to point it.

ISO was set at 800 and aperture f8 and f11. Exposure times between around 8 and 25 seconds.
Lens was the kit 18-55, mainly at 18mm. Shooting in Raw.

Although a bit blurry and and far from great shots, the following were the results from my first go at IR the other day.
Looking forward to doing a lot more with a proper tripod.

As I understand it, if you do get a body converted, then the IR light isn't blocked by the camera's filter so should allow faster exposures and enable AF on the camera.

Processing was via Photoshop (varied colour temp to around 2000 and tint to around -50 in camera Raw), then messed with channel mixer and also used Nik Silver Efex Pro plugin after reading the tutorial linked above where the writer uses it. Was pleasantly surprised to find the Google Nik suite is available to download free of charge. Used Silver Efex Pro 2.0 to convert to B&W and also increase contrast and "structure".

IR_River1 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

IR_Garden1 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

IR_Tower1 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

IR_Bridge1 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

Love 2 and 4 above - especially the painted path.

Had a quick play in the garden this afternoon - this IR thing is already getting quite addictive - will be looking for a converted body next no doubt! :)

Garden2 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

Back