OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

I've been shooting digital infrared for a few years now and I see it gaining in popularity everywhere I talk about it. We have a good series at AVF, and several groups for infrared in Flickr, but now is your chance to show off in TP.

I have a Nikon D70IR at 720nm, and I mainly modify Olympus and Sony compact cameras, and have also done some Samsung, Nikon, Fuji and Canon. Im happy to offer advice on modding and editing techniques.

To kick off here is a sample set from various cameras I've used over the last few weeks :

1- The Blue Bridge on the River Nene, Northampton (WB500)
9252078059_0f8b556ffe_c.jpg

2- St Giles Church, Northampton (WB500)
9247715006_a5f9619572_c.jpg

3- Northampton Statue (WB500 mono)
9244935715_8509849cfe_c.jpg

4- Jackfield Footbridge (D70)
9212843055_7b0ab71006_c.jpg

5- Ironbridge (D70)
9215594378_92d3f999bc_c.jpg

6- St Giles Church, Northampton (Olympus C3040z 850nm)
9116161632_425b1e5d9c_c.jpg

Great set, my fave is number 1

Like the foreground trees and fencing adding interest to the tower. Also I noticed it was taken with an Oly C3040Z. Years back working with video and photo restoration, I had no camera. We picked an Oly C5050Z,,,great camera to start out with. It now has it's own little tri-pod and a 720nm on lens to take longer exposures. Love to see the old camera still out there pulling in wonderful photography. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Oh yes, excellent (y)

Hmm - need to dig out my IR camera again - getting withdrawal symptoms looking at these.

Hmm - need to dig out my IR camera again - getting withdrawal symptoms looking at these.

that's the reason I've been going through my unprocessed images Jules, Feels like i haven't seen a blue sky in months. whenever i have time its total grey coverage

Nice one Zeameth (y)

A comparative couple of shots from a 720 converted Panasonic G3. The 720 is sufficiently close to to visible to allow blue to intrude, so here are a "straight" conversion and a b&w conversion of the same shot.

P1030951-adj1.jpg View attachment 95605

That's nice David (y)

Edited out until I can work out how to post an image on here, never had a problem in the past so no Idea what i am doing wrong!!

Last edited:
Edited out until I can work out how to post an image on here, never had a problem in the past so no Idea what i am doing wrong!!

i had an issue earlier in the week where the flickr link would not show for me in the thread. it did however show for others and displayed properly in the "edit/new post window"

i had an issue earlier in the week where the flickr link would not show for me in the thread. it did however show for others and displayed properly in the "edit/new post window"

Another attempt incoming..............

Not being able to seriously get back into it for a while despite attempts to spend my way back in, but these past few weeks have been promising :)

I have had various infra red conversions and currently have a Panasonic G3 full spectrum conversion but needing to move over to my main kit that being Fuji.

This is more of a test shot I took while on a visit to the Newcastle Quayside wit my main kit, taken with a Fuji XE1 850nm conversion I bought a few months ago off the forum, and now toying with the idea of having another XE1 converted to Full Spectrum.

SUCCESS !!!

Millennium Bridge Gateshead in Infra Red by Mal Davidson, on Flickr

Lovely sky, excellent (y)

Not being able to seriously get back into it for a while despite attempts to spend my way back in, but these past few weeks have been promising :)

I have had various infra red conversions and currently have a Panasonic G3 full spectrum conversion but needing to move over to my main kit that being Fuji.

This is more of a test shot I took while on a visit to the Newcastle Quayside wit my main kit, taken with a Fuji XE1 850nm conversion I bought a few months ago off the forum, and now toying with the idea of having another XE1 converted to Full Spectrum.

SUCCESS !!!

The G3 conversion went well in the end then? I still have my G1 full spectrum but recently bought a G3 and have yet to use it - tempted to get the screwdrivers out :)

Ok so I got bored earlier tonight and converted my already several times converted camera to 640nm IR - it was full spectrum until today. It will probably go back to full spectrum again at some point but for now I want it as dedicated IR. At least at 640 I can still put deeper filters on it ;)
Almost getting to the point I can dismantle a G1 without thinking about it!

this next shot may not be to everyone's taste. It's certainly one of my bolder processing attempts. But, given the subject is strange to begin with, i personally think it works.

Heh. Saw that one in the IR Flickr group. Certainly unconventional! And the subject is weird. Like it.

Had a wander round Delamere today. Ended up with this one, SOOC, not even fixed the WB and I love it. Looks fab printed.

Delamere IR
by
Ian, on Flickr

that's really nice, has an almost ethereal quality :D

Heh. Saw that one in the IR Flickr group. Certainly unconventional! And the subject is weird. Like it.

Had a wander round Delamere today. Ended up with this one, SOOC, not even fixed the WB and I love it. Looks fab printed.

Delamere IR
by
Ian, on Flickr

Wind blown bend in the trees,,also I am filled with hope when I see the bronze mixed in the back ground. This is a nice catch.

It works, any bump on a tree works for free. It is pleasant to look at and thats something good. Thats what bumps do.

It's got a B270 Plano window installed instead of the hot mirror (or it could be 290 but it's a proper full spectrum filter)

Back