Beginner Old and New in Manchester

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
While hanging around in Manchester waiting for a gig a few Saturdays ago, I wandered around taking some general photos and soon found myself with a 'new against old' theme I hadn't bargained for.

Away from that, there were some interesting geometric shapes going on

Any comments gratefully received. I hadn't got my tripod with me, otherwise I'd have waited until after dark to see what else goes on, though I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about wandering around some parts in daylight, never mind later.

2nd to last is my favourite one as I always enjoy quite abstract images/shapes. I think that some of the odd leading lines are problematic i.e. In pic 1 - the upright of the Modern building just magnifys the awkward angle of the old building lines ! I enjoyed looking at them though ! Well done :)

I keep meaning to get into the city centre to get some shots like this

The library looks great now most of the scaffolding has been taken down!

Cheers all. I'm sure there's a lot more of both old vs. new and the shapes to be had, I just find it gets a bit 'samey' after a while. I had quite a nice shot upwards on a new hotel but a couple of bits of dust on the sensor ruined it. I also have a thing for the shapes - a recent book I bought (that is, I bought it recently, it dates from the late seventies) is titled "Above San Francisco" and some of the layouts of then-new estates and so on are lovely to look at.

I think your pictures perform a worthy service in hi-lighting some of the utter crap that has been inflicted. on Manchester in recent years.

Very sad but thanks for posting.

Back