Old fuel pump

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Comments welcome
*Added 2 edits to the original post based on sugestions, be interested to hear what you think *

6396420653_b76857fb4f_z.jpg

6366327081_9ce207bdee_z.jpg

2b

6489424621_3301decfe8_z.jpg

6366307693_4de81a2597_z.jpg

3b

6489499987_e617b82f54_z.jpg

6421548895_87397ee662_z.jpg

Last edited:
They make a nice set and I think they work well together

I feePersonally, a little colour correction wouldn't go a miss. They look as if they are lit only by the street lights and it's not a nice enough colour for the pump.. I'd say white balance it so it looks a bit more of it's natural colour!

Great shots though! I love the fisheye one!

The white balance in numbers 2+3 makes me queasy (the fisheye effect doesn't add anything either) and the fourth one appears to be at an angle, which doesn't relate to the representation of the same item in the second shot. Sorry...

Love number 3 but the bright light on the far left is distracting maybe crop a little?
I like the colour cast.

Thanks for the comments. It was indeed only lit by horrible orange street lights and as am still learning about adjusting the WB I struggled to get it right. Agree with the comment about the clock one being at a slight angle, Im going to go back and re-do that one :)
Thanks chaps

Is a face on shot of the garage doors with the pumps either side possible ?
Think that kind of shot,in b&w perhaps,would work better than tight cropped views of the pumps etc (imo) :thinking:

Is the price 3&6 a gallon ? :cool:

great set..the last would have been better in the tungsten lighting..ie as originally taken so balancing the tone of the whole set
cheers
geof

Is a face on shot of the garage doors with the pumps either side possible ?
Think that kind of shot,in b&w perhaps,would work better than tight cropped views of the pumps etc (imo) :thinking:

Is the price 3&6 a gallon ? :cool:

I dont think I would be able to get them both in unless I was to use the fisheye as the road is quite narrow given the distance between them. My kit 18-55 might, will try and have go next time.

looks good, I will have to have a play with them

I think they could work as a set but the main issues I have are the white balance as mentioned before and also the "catalysts tested" and other signs don't fit with the vintage theme - bit too new.
Otherwise I quite like them especially the last one.

Added 2 edits to the original post based on sugestions, be interested to hear what you think

Back