Old Man of Coniston

Ok, awful day… but something good came out of it! Cool rendition.
Why old man of Coniston?

So, old man of Coniston is a mountain, right?

Another question:
Lake district means there are some lakes in a given area? …and not much elsewhere?

Very nice shot Ian, great tones with some nice movement in the clouds, good composition & exposure.(y)

George.

Coniston always seems to attract sucky weather. I spent most of my time in the caves there last time i went. I kinda like the view offered by the 'window', but it would be nice to see some more of the views offered up there, which you can just make out the start of in the bottom right

Another question:
Lake district means there are some lakes in a given area? …and not much elsewhere?

The lake district is simply an English national park, mainly comprised of Lakes and the surrounding fells (mountain/hills)
Its widely regarded as one of the most photogenic areas of England, and the weather is quite often rubbish.

Coniston always seems to attract sucky weather. I spent most of my time in the caves there last time i went. I kinda like the view offered by the 'window', but it would be nice to see some more of the views offered up there, which you can just make out the start of in the bottom right

I've still got some shots to look through, but they all appear quite flat because of the cloudy drizzle!!

and the weather is quite often rubbish.

Since nothing is more boring than a blue sky, the rubbish weather
is thankfully responsible in part for the great shots I've seen here!

Back