Old photos

I have been scanning some negatives and sharing with my sister of old family pictures. We think the current batch go back to the 1920s, but a couple might be a bit earlier.

I have this photo of a sail fishing boat, taken around 1915. It has my great-grandfather in it as a young man. He was drowned in 1926. Amazingly it also has his father and grandfather. The old man looks like he was trotted out for the photo, sitting holding the tiller, with a long white beard. My great-grandfather is the one standing at the mast. Not hugely old - but a treasured family memento of people I never met, a link to the past.

This is a rather poor scan I did with a cheap all-in-one a few years ago. The photo is actually very clearmothersjoy.JPG.

I have this photo of a sail fishing boat, taken around 1915. It has my great-grandfather in it as a young man. He was drowned in 1926. Amazingly it also has his father and grandfather. The old man looks like he was trotted out for the photo, sitting holding the tiller, with a long white beard. My great-grandfather is the one standing at the mast. Not hugely old - but a treasured family memento of people I never met, a link to the past.

This is a rather poor scan I did with a cheap all-in-one a few years ago. The photo is actually very clearView attachment 314976.
Very nice if that were my Grandfather I would rescan it.

Back