Old Warden Evening Airshow

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Quite simply the nicest airshows out there, Saturday was the evening airshow which is when (if there is no wind) we get the Edwardians flying - reproductions or aircraft over 100 years old (including the oldest flying British built plane). Weather looked hopeful but sadly for much of it there was just white cloud, but did get a few good ones with my first go of the nikon 200-500. The Extra aerobatic display left a lot of smoke lingering over a darkening airfield but added an interesting look.

1. Old Warden-1 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

2. Old Warden-4 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

3. Old Warden-3 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

4. Old Warden-13 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

5. Old Warden-9 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

6. Old Warden-12 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

Those Edwardians had some guts flying those things. Excuse my ignorance, the other two are Hurricanes? Nice shots.

Love the MH434 done in that aspect (y)and smoky Edwardian is a good look,nice set.
I was there myself and wished the Edwardians went up earlier as conditions were perfect,was a tad dark when they got going !

Clive.

Love the MH434 done in that aspect (y)and smoky Edwardian is a good look,nice set.
I was there myself and wished the Edwardians went up earlier as conditions were perfect,was a tad dark when they got going !

Clive.

Yes, it was a bit late, and the smoke was a bit annoying although has given it a different look.

I love the smoke. Great shots and well done on the propeller blur.

Lovely set, the mist adds to the image doesn't it?

Back