Oldest object

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Theme for a photo group I'm in was "Oldest object you can find". We have a piano that my wife's parents purchased when she was 11, they got it from a company that collected old piano's and refurbished them. We now have it in our house and hope our kids will grow up playing it just as my wife did.

piano 2 (Explored 08 Dec 2015) by Steve, on Flickr

piano by Steve, on Flickr

I like that you kept it in colours…
with that twisted WB! Very nice.

I like both of those very much, the colour tones are beautiful. (y)

Excellent! I tried doing some shots of my wife's piano in black and white film but they didn't turn out half as good as these!

I like that you kept it in colours…
with that twisted WB! Very nice.

Thanks, I did try it in B&W but felt it worked better in colour.

I like both of those very much, the colour tones are beautiful. (y)

Thanks, nice to hear others like them, I'm often unsure if I have processed things to much.

Excellent! I tried doing some shots of my wife's piano in black and white film but they didn't turn out half as good as these!

Thanks, I have tried in B&W before and not been happy with the results.

I did try it in B&W but felt it worked better in colour.

Indeed, as the shots offer little dynamic range,
a conversion would look muddy.

Last edited:
The 2nd shot is my favourite out of the 2, very nice with the different textures of the smooth keys and wood grain.

The 2nd shot is my favourite out of the 2, very nice with the different textures of the smooth keys and wood grain.

Thanks for the feedback. I could only enter the first image in the group as it's for macro and close up shots but I was pleased how the second shot turned out.

Back