Oliver Cromwell

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Really glad this one worked out, A, it's Oliver Cromwell's final mainline tour and B, a new location for photographing trains, not 100% ideal as there is a scrap metal yard to the right, thankfully a good head of steam obscured a crane that would have been in view other wise. Light was not brilliant at all, so a colour and a black and version of each to show, I can't quite make my mind up, though the more I look, the more I prefer the b+W.

oliver cromwell by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

oliver cromwell 4 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

oliver cromwell 3 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

oliver cromwell 2 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

The B&W are quite dramatic and reflect the period that these old steam trains worked in, but for me the colour versions win every time.
For the modern generation of snowflakes - see what I did there - this scene is rarely seen, but for those in my age group, this was an everyday occurance and pretty well every town had a station that was a hive of activity with these steam belching monsters - brings nostalgic goose pimples to the back of the neck.
PS - nice shots

Fab shots - with no3 being the standout for me :)

The B&W are quite dramatic and reflect the period that these old steam trains worked in, but for me the colour versions win every time.
For the modern generation of snowflakes - see what I did there - this scene is rarely seen, but for those in my age group, this was an everyday occurance and pretty well every town had a station that was a hive of activity with these steam belching monsters - brings nostalgic goose pimples to the back of the neck.
PS - nice shots

Thanks Norm for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Fab shots - with no3 being the standout for me :)

Thank you Dave, that one is my fave out the set.

I prefer the colour shots in this set, not to say, all the images are really nice, but really like the colour.

Thank you Andrew

great shots

Thanks for looking in :)

No3 for me [emoji1303]but I would take the power cables out.

Thanks Nick, I shall give the cloning a go at some point, something I am not always successful at!

I must admit I always prefer Steam Trains in mono, but a very nice set....

Thanks for looking Geoff, I do love a nice mono image of a steam train

1 and 3 for me

1 and 3 for me

Thanks Allen.

Great set

Thanks for looking.

#3 does it for me Michael.
Fills the frame nicely, gives the impression of powering through the picture and I think it's a bit cleaner in B&W than in the colour version.

Thanks Tim, the light wasn't at it's best for colour that day, #3 is now my favourite one of the set.

3 & 4 for me Michael, because they're closer these two are very impressive. I really like these and well done for getting out there.

So many in our region have either been cancelled or the weather was too bad,even if there wasn't the low light, due to overcast skies rendered the trips to the location nit worth it I can't remember the last Loco I photographed. I need to keep an eye on 'latest posts' better late than never, as they say

Do you know where The blue King Edward is ?

3 & 4 for me Michael, because they're closer these two are very impressive. I really like these and well done for getting out there.

So many in our region have either been cancelled or the weather was too bad,even if there wasn't the low light, due to overcast skies rendered the trips to the location nit worth it I can't remember the last Loco I photographed. I need to keep an eye on 'latest posts' better late than never, as they say

Do you know where The blue King Edward is ?

Hi John, thanks for looking in! Pleased you like them. King Edward is still at Severn valley I believe, it is also no longer travelling via main line, now only operating on preserved railways, I did photograph it at seven valley, just over a week ago, haven't had chance to post pics as I have been ill, I will probably put them up in a thread,

Hi John, thanks for looking in! Pleased you like them. King Edward is still at Severn valley I believe, it is also no longer travelling via main line, now only operating on preserved railways, I did photograph it at seven valley, just over a week ago, haven't had chance to post pics as I have been ill, I will probably put them up in a thread,

Thanks,Michael. Nothing main line here until the end of April and then May 3rd. No wonder I forget.:rolleyes:

I'll check out the SVR then. On the doorstep all this time. lol.

Back