Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

You can get both the E-M10 & 75-300 MKII on the summer cashback deal for very reasonable money...the only thing I would suggest is get the grip for the E-M10 as it transforms the handling.
yup did notice a summe rdeal listed on the oly site but didnt see any pricing. looked on mpb but only the em5 , but i think the 10 may be the better option if i can find one within budget

yup did notice a summe rdeal listed on the oly site but didnt see any pricing. looked on mpb but only the em5 , but i think the 10 may be the better option if i can find one within budget

Given the choice I went with the 10, the extra features were more important than the weather sealing for me. As already said, the grip really does transform it too - it can easily handle the 40-150 pro with the grip attached.

Given the choice I went with the 10, the extra features were more important than the weather sealing for me. As already said, the grip really does transform it too - it can easily handle the 40-150 pro with the grip attached.
i would only be considering it with the 75-300 lens, as it would purely be used for distance wildlife shots and nothing much else. sounds like a waste of a camera i know but for me to get 500-600mm on the canon its pretty much the sigma or the tamron, both of which are bloody huge things. whereas this combined with the 75-300 zuiko would still be relatively small. also 99% of the time i would be shooting from static locations so mounting on a tripod would be most likely scenario ( my benro travel tripod would be ideal ) . again with the big sigma or tamron i would have to dig out my very heavy redsnapper tripod for stability so even more weight to consider.
the only real difficulty is finding a second hand em10.. seems to be very few out there body only and as having one with kit lens just means paying out extra cost.
the 75-300 on amazon.de is 307 free shipping. so that gives me around £300 to find an em10 body

i would only be considering it with the 75-300 lens, as it would purely be used for distance wildlife shots and nothing much else. sounds like a waste of a camera i know but for me to get 500-600mm on the canon its pretty much the sigma or the tamron, both of which are bloody huge things. whereas this combined with the 75-300 zuiko would still be relatively small. also 99% of the time i would be shooting from static locations so mounting on a tripod would be most likely scenario ( my benro travel tripod would be ideal ) . again with the big sigma or tamron i would have to dig out my very heavy redsnapper tripod for stability so even more weight to consider.
the only real difficulty is finding a second hand em10.. seems to be very few out there body only and as having one with kit lens just means paying out extra cost.
the 75-300 on amazon.de is 307 free shipping. so that gives me around £300 to find an em10 body

Have a look here: http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/promotions/olympus-summer-special-offers/

The E-M10 body is £379 before £75 cashback and the 75-300 MKII is £349 before £100 cashback. Job done....official UK stock too.

i wish it were that simple lol. sadly my limitation is on card so the £600 i cant go over. only way i could work that is buy the camera, claim cashback then once that comes through buy the lens. pain in the backside really .

Now to really mess things up (or sort them out), Dean is you Canon a crop, if so Sigma or Tamrom actually will have a longer reach.

But as I've used both setups the size and weight difference is huge.

Oh, god... I know what's coming now =-O

Now to really mess things up (or sort them out), Dean is you Canon a crop, if so Sigma or Tamrom actually will have a longer reach.

But as I've used both setups the size and weight difference is huge.
lol yup its canon 60D so in fact the reach would be focal equiv to 240 - 960!! lol didnt even think of that hells bells you guys dont make it easy for me to spend £600 lol

Its something where you can borrow a camera body and lens for a few days for free to test it out.

Question - if you can buy one lens and had to choose between the M.zuiko 17mm f1.8 or 25mm f1.8 which would you buy and why?

For me, the 25 as it's the classic 50mm equivalent.
Me too - it's my most used focal length although some people prefer a wider lens for general stuff. The Panasonic/Leica 25/1.4 is very nice although a bit bulkier than the Olympus 25.

I nearly went for the p25 as I fancied 1.4 but the ( relative ) bulk put me off. And the o25 was much cheaper :)

The PL25 isn't overly big at all...what makes it seems bigger is the hood and the fact it's non-reversible also puts some people off.

Yes, if you go to the BB code link and single tap it, it will briefly flash grey. Then with 2 fingers at the same time single tap the box where the code appears and a "copy" box will come up. Click that and away you go

Cheers :)

Thank you - that one made explore on Flickr :D

Funnily enough if one of only a couple of shots that were (semi) planned, in as much as I dragged her up to her bedroom where there is good light and took the pic there rather than the front room or outside.

Lovely shots there. Just wondering if anyone can recommended any good books to help me learn my way around my new E-M10 please. Currently making my way through the PDF manual and have ordered "understanding exposure".

...and this is why I moved away from DSLR :D

...and the behind the scenes documentary.

Back