Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Yeah right Alfbranch, I can see the MF is letting you down from the soft images above......you kidding these are brilliant !

Is there any PP in these. I had the 60mm and could not get that level of detail. Good shots

Hi Alf

Love the macro shots too. OOI, how were these lit ?

I have recently acquired an Olympus 60mm for a Pano GX7 but not really used it in anger yet. Would be VERY pleased to create images like yours !

Yeah right Alfbranch, I can see the MF is letting you down from the soft images above......you kidding these are brilliant !

Is there any PP in these. I had the 60mm and could not get that level of detail. Good shots

Hi Alf

Love the macro shots too. OOI, how were these lit ?

I have recently acquired an Olympus 60mm for a Pano GX7 but not really used it in anger yet. Would be VERY pleased to create images like yours !

Nothing wrong with these mate....stunning !

Lets get a few things straight the 60mm f2.8 is capable of producing great results. I stated the IQ (image Quality) is great.

I find the focusing on the thing extremely frustrating whether it si AF or MF. These have of course had PP as they were shot in RAW and processed in Lightroom. Macro photography is never easy whatever kit you use so having slow MF performance even though the latest firmware was improve it is just not acceptable to me.

I use flash for my shots and lighting can make a serious difference to IQ whatever you are shooting.

Hi Alf

Thanks for the information above. Just proves that to get the best images it is not just a matter of P&S and that some planning/preparation needs to be in place.

Impressive set up Alf

The only price I've seen is on Olympus US at $799 - the pricing needs to be very carefully considered for it to be a success IMO.

EDIT: Just seen SRS have tweeted an open-day with the camera on Saturday

https://BANNED/SRSMicrosystems/status/636083510495854592

Last edited:
Cheers Damian, i will look for tests against the 100-300 on the net and make a decision which route to take.

I have had both lenses and found them soft at the long end and needing good light.I now have the 50-200swd+ec14 and it is streets ahead of the mentioned lenses.It is more money but i think it is worth paying the extra.
Check out this review http://www.savazzi.net/photography/olympus50-200.html

Yes, it was handheld with ( a bit too much pp added )

Can anyone see a link to compare the features of the EM10 ii to the EM1. Im wondering what I would miss :)

Can anyone see a link to compare the features of the EM10 ii to the EM1. Im wondering what I would miss :)
It'll be interesting to see what they've done with the grip as IMO the EM10 was a bit fiddly to hold whilst the EM1 sat beautifully , that it said it a bit bigger too.

Right, so we have the EM5 MK II, now the EM10 MK II, so where's the EM1 MK II. really interested to see if this gets the new 20mp sensor like the GX7 and 4k ?

It'll be interesting to see what they've done with the grip as IMO the EM10 was a bit fiddly to hold whilst the EM1 sat beautifully , that it said it a bit bigger too.

The new E-M10 II grip (the ECG-3) is nigh on identical to its predecessor. The grip is a must have on the 10 IME, really transforming the handling of the camera.

Sorry guys, I misread the question. I thought it was the difference between the two versions of the E-M10...:rolleyes:

I'm a Canon user, but have been following this thread for quite some time and still considering selling the Canon gear and moving to Olympus. The mark11 E-M10 really does look a great camera.

Right, so we have the EM5 MK II, now the EM10 MK II, so where's the EM1 MK II. really interested to see if this gets the new 20mp sensor like the GX7 and 4k ?

If a mk2 addresses the few problems that the EM1 has (for me low light and focus speed/tracking) to any decent extent then it will be one hell of a camera..

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I misread the question. I thought it was the difference between the two versions of the E-M10...:rolleyes:

I'm a Canon user, but have been following this thread for quite some time and still considering selling the Canon gear and moving to Olympus. The mark11 E-M10 really does look a great camera.

Get yourself along to a shop with an SD card and handle one mate the E-M10 with the 14-42 EZ pancake zoom lens is tiny but still very capable indeed.

EM10 MkII looks quite nice from the youtube hands on posted earlier. 5 axis is a nice addition. It's not going to add anything ground breaking though. Same 16mp sensor and surely AF will be no better than the E-M1 which has the additional phase detect sensors to assist with tracking. You still need to look at the E-M5 or E-M1 for weather sealing so they've been careful not to write off any other models, even the original E-M10, being much cheaper now and still with cashback available.

Olympus are doing a series of free road shows where you can try out the equipment.And you can keep the SD card at the end of it. People have already told me they have played with the E-M10 mk2. I must rush down there!

I see already a " could do better" with the AF tracking so it doesn't look like the mk2 offers any improvement over the other oly cameras in that area.

The thing is, all this while nothing is besting the EM1, it looks like there is no intention to release the EM1ii any time soon.

Do you know where these are being advertised mate? Wouldn't mind attending one of these if they are close by.

There's events at SRS (Watford) and Wilkinsons Cameras (Liverpool) on Saturday AFAIK. I think LCE may be doing some too as they've been posting images of the camera in stores on their Twitter feed.

The thing is, all this while nothing is besting the EM1, it looks like there is no intention to release the EM1ii any time soon.

From all I've read it's always been suggested/understood that unless there was a significant need to introduce earlier, the E-M1 MKII would be released in 2016.

Back