Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

No regrets in moving to the 12-32 I see. How about lifting the shadows in the first shot (Kissed the shadows) by 10%?

Last edited:
No, it's just by travel camera now so I have no regrets. Fortunately, I had it with me on Sunday when I was out with the kids and one of their cameras ran out of battery.

Shadows probably could do with a lift looking at the above, yes

The beast has arrived (Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 Pro) - Can't wait to try it out !

And were off :D

Both arrived today, very impressed with the camera from MPB which they gave condition as good. It looked pretty much perfect to me and only 995 shutter count according to the hidden camera menus. Good value I think for £504.

The lens looks a little large on the camera not had chance to go out with it yet, to know for sure, but it doesn't feel as heavy as I thought it would. It had few nicks and scratches on the barrel and hood, Camera Jungle described this as excellent, not sure I would agree with that.

Please excuse the crappy phone pics

omdem5mkii 008.jpg omdem5mkii 001.jpg

Last edited:

Both arrived today, very impressed with the camera from MPB which they gave condition as good. It looked pretty much perfect to me and only 995 shutter count according to the hidden camera menus. Good value I think for £504.

The lens looks a little large on the camera not had chance to go out with it yet, to know for sure, but it doesn't feel as heavy as I thought it would. It had few nicks and scratches on the barrel and hood, Camera Jungle described this as excellent, not sure I would agree with that.

View attachment 114155 View attachment 114154

Nice. And because you swiped my Em5 :D I went for the G80 they also had listed as 'good' - hope mine turns out as good as yours.

Those marks would annoy the hell out of me... :(
Maybe me too, although I'm not usually too anal about my gear, just worried it had been dropped or banged. Will try and get out tomorrow, even if its only in the garden to put it through its paces. Haven't completely made my mind up yet over the 12-40, not sure if I would prefer a few primes or even maybe a good prime, like the Oly 45mm and a smaller zoom like the panny 12-32.

Nice. And because you swiped my Em5 :D I went for the G80 they also had listed as 'good' - hope mine turns out as good as yours.
You can't blame me, you pointed me in their direction :D

I think there rating are pretty good. To be honest looking at the EM5, I'm really not sure why they hadn't rated it better than good.

You can't blame me, you pointed me in their direction :D

I think there rating are pretty good. To be honest looking at the EM5, I'm really not sure why they hadn't rated it better than good.

Kind of worrying the other way around, the gear I'm sending them I have rated excellent, though I do expect them to downgrade the xpro1 to 'good' - hopefully not 'well used'! Ah well, it'll just be a few quids more on top, if the camera turns out to be in good nick I won't mind. I did note there is some marks on the grip in their images. I'm not so fussy about things like that, I tend to be more picky with lenses. The marks on your 12-40 wouldn't bother me too much. Since the scratch is only on the hood. The paint on metal hoods is always prone to wear

Kind of worrying the other way around, the gear I'm sending them I have rated excellent, though I do expect them to downgrade the xpro1 to 'good' - hopefully not 'well used'! Ah well, it'll just be a few quids more on top, if the camera turns out to be in good nick I won't mind. I did note there is some marks on the grip in their images. I'm not so fussy about things like that, I tend to be more picky with lenses. The marks on your 12-40 wouldn't bother me too much. Since the scratch is only on the hood. The paint on metal hoods is always prone to wear
Theres a nick on the barrel too, but its only a small one..

Hope it all turns out well with the G80.

The 12-40 is lovely and if you need 2.8, it’s the one to go for of course. I nearly went for the 14-42 but was told the 12-32 was sharper and I’ve got to say I have no concerns with that.

It’s a little slower to focus but nothing overly concerning

View attachment 114155 View attachment 114154
Definitely not excellent imo. I would contact them and see what they say. Hope you enjoy the gear (y)

Cracking couple of images and that lens really shines in your hands, beautiful lighting and colours look great !
I particularly like the second image (y)

Thanks Phil - it did make explore yesterday but the stats are skewed so only had only 1200 views :(

Here's a couple from Bosham harbour a couple of weeks back. The top image is with a 40-150 f/2.8 and the lower with a 12-40 f/2.8.
I took a version of the top one a few years ago (it's floating around here somewhere) on an RB67 and so was interested to see what I could do by way of re-creating it. Really happy with it and so pleased with this system.

EMpkzgT.jpg

2nVqogw.jpg

Edit: I should start using Flickr as there seems to be a bit of softness introduced by IMGUR hosting.

Last edited:
I thought you'd bailed on m43?
Went around the houses on systems but been back with Olympus (as a lighter alternative to my FF) for a while now (y).

Its pretty damn good
Yeah I have to say the bokeh is really nice. The shot itself isn't very sharp though but I was battling with a strong breeze blowing the flower around ;)

The new Leica 200mm f2.8 looks a nice but seriously expensive bit of kit :eek:

I don’t think I could ever bring myself to buy a lens that expensive for the m4/3 system tbh but obviously there’s a market for it.

The new Leica 200mm f2.8 looks a nice but seriously expensive bit of kit :eek:

I don’t think I could ever bring myself to buy a lens that expensive for the m4/3 system tbh but obviously there’s a market for it.

Even when i was flush I wouldn't have bought a lens like that tbh. The most expensive lens I ever bought new was the Nikon 70-200 VRII, which at the time I paid €1600 for, when they were going for €2400 over here. I bought it from dodgy Dutch site :D I sweated for almost 2 weeks with no response from them, but it did arrive, and it was brand new and issue free. I don't think i could take that kind of sweating regular, even if I was rich! I think a lens like this new 200mm is for those who don't even need to know the price before deciding to buy.

Even when i was flush I wouldn't have bought a lens like that tbh. The most expensive lens I ever bought new was the Nikon 70-200 VRII, which at the time I paid €1600 for, when they were going for €2400 over here. I bought it from dodgy Dutch site :D I sweated for almost 2 weeks with no response from them, but it did arrive, and it was brand new and issue free. I don't think i could take that kind of sweating regular, even if I was rich! I think a lens like this new 200mm is for those who don't even need to know the price before deciding to buy.
No disrespect to the m4/3 system but if I was spending that kind of money I’d want it on the best FF sensor to get the best IQ possible (without having to go into MF ;)). A 400mm f2.8 is double or triple the price though, which is why I’ll never own a 400mm eq f2.8 lens :LOL:

No disrespect to the m4/3 system but if I was spending that kind of money I’d want it on the best FF sensor to get the best IQ possible (without having to go into MF ;)). A 400mm f2.8 is double or triple the price though, which is why I’ll never own a 400mm eq f2.8 lens :LOL:

The kind of people who will buy this lens might well have a full frame set up on side, this might just be their 'fun' gear :D - though this lens alone will be worth more than all of my current gear put together :D

I'm finding nowadays ( cue old man talk ) that most newly released gear in hugely expensive, regardless of the manufacturer.

Surely this prices out the average joe hobbiest ?

Certainly if you want the best in line camera body or lens of a particular focal length within any system it is. Thankfully, m4/3 does have (for now) very, very good options at different price points, albeit with the usual caveat of some sort of compromise.

Simon.

I'm finding nowadays ( cue old man talk ) that most newly released gear in hugely expensive, regardless of the manufacturer.

Surely this prices out the average joe hobbiest ?

Agreed but Panasonic and Olympus for that matter (thinking of Pro glass and the f/1.2 releases in particular) must have done their market research to invest so much effort.

You’re right Huw and it’s not just m43, it’s everyone.

So one the one hand, we’re all in the same position but on the other I wonder how long it cane last ? A year ago we all fell over at the nigh on £2k e-m1.2....but now we’re seeing lenses that cost more than that from many manufacturers. It’s a bit “toppy” for me

You’re right Huw and it’s not just m43, it’s everyone.

So one the one hand, we’re all in the same position but on the other I wonder how long it cane last ? A year ago we all fell over at the nigh on £2k e-m1.2....but now we’re seeing lenses that cost more than that from many manufacturers. It’s a bit “toppy” for me

Its the result of a shrinking market, as the market shrinks, to maintain a companies cash input the margins on products must increase. To attract people to paying these prices, the specs are high on these products. The manufacturers sell less products, but make a much cash as they did before.

Its a bit like saying that a mini cost £10K to build and is sold to a dealer at £15K, £5K per car, or a 7 series BMW costs 30K to build but sells to delear at £80K. So 10 minis or 1 7 series net the same income.

Back