Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

have you tried doing what I suggested above?
No, but looking at that I need to do it for every photo? Is there a way to remove it on import for good?

first day out with the Oly and im reasonably happy, i was so glad to actually get out that I was snapping a bit too much and not really being considerate, now thats out the way will try and take a bit more care and hopefully do better.a lot of features on
the camera I need to learn.but I really enjoyed it more than I have in a long time.I shall be keeping it.:rolleyes::D

first day out with the Oly and im reasonably happy, i was so glad to actually get out that I was snapping a bit too much and not really being considerate, now thats out the way will try and take a bit more care and hopefully do better.a lot of features on
the camera I need to learn.but I really enjoyed it more than I have in a long time.I shall be keeping it.:rolleyes::D

It's a joy to use isn't it Chris?

I've experienced the same feelings about it.

Can't wait for the good weather (and finish this bloody van conversion) so I can put it through it's paces properly.

I really enjoy using the Olympus too.

It's a joy to use isn't it Chris?

I've experienced the same feelings about it.

Can't wait for the good weather (and finish this bloody van conversion) so I can put it through it's paces properly.
yes it is Terry,most fun ive had for ages.at least when you've done the van conversion you'll have somewhere to sleep ;)

Any ex Fuji owners changed to OMD EM 10 ii? What are your thoughts?
I've gone from Fuji Xt1 to the EM1, which had pretty much the same IQ as the EM10-II. I personally prefer the Olympus as it renders skin and landscapes better imo, there's no risk of artefacts. I really like the rendering of the 12-40mm f2.8, one of my favourite lenses.

Any ex Fuji owners changed to OMD EM 10 ii? What are your thoughts?

I switched from an X-T1 and Xpro 1 to an Em5 and a Panasonic G80. I bought the em5 first to test the waters, see how much difference there would be, before committing any further. Well, the fact I bought a brand new G80 not long after tells you, I was impressed enough to stick with M43. The stabilization won me over mostly. I would have went Em5 mkII only I prefer the grip on the G80, and wanted to dabble a bit with 4k video too. I would have been happy enough either way.

Last edited:
:runaway:Has anybody done the Em1 Mk2 firmware upgrade. I’ve downloaded the software and printed the PDF. Is it straightforward. Never done one before....

:runaway:Has anybody done the Em1 Mk2 firmware upgrade. I’ve downloaded the software and printed the PDF. Is it straightforward. Never done one before....
Don't worry Oly firmware upgrades are hassle free

Except when it's a major hassle.
I was able to update my E-M5II when it would not work because the shutter had failed.
I have never had problem and I have heard of few.

Last edited:

Yes, make sure your camera battery is full and ideally use a laptop with battery backup so that there is no risk of the power cutting out suddenly.

The camera needs to be connected to the computer to perform the update.

First the firmware updated is downloaded to your computer, then it gets pushed to the camera, and then the actual update happens in the camera; you will see a flashing picture on the camera's screen indicating an update is going on. Once the update is complete you will see "OK" on the camera screen.

First time I did it it was a bit confusing because it's not always clear when actions are being performed on the computer and when on the camera. Just be patient until you see "OK" on your camera screen. I've updated all my Olympus bodies recently and it never took more than 5 minutes per body.

I searched through the menu, just thought I might have missed something seems a bit of a waste, of an option, only alternative is manual focus. Thanks for answer.

You need to use S-AF and follow the subject taking pictures in singles,took these today with the EM10MK11 its possible but not easy.

P3290054 by electric.mike, on Flickr

P3290033 by electric.mike, on Flickr

Boy the EM1 really suffers from noise and hot pixels on long exposures! you'll have to view the large size to see it but ouch!

Project 365 - 087/365: Tree at Sunset

A single tree after the suns gone down, a simple intimate landscape.

087 - Tree at Sunset by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Back