Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Trouble with those is how do you ensure the target has clicked into focus

Trouble with those is how do you ensure the target has clicked into focus
If it's set up correctly and the dot is on target, then the target is in the middle of the focus group.
If it won't focus when the target is in the focus group, then even if you target it through the lens it won't focus.
I've set mine not to fire the shutter unless it has a focus.

Look forward to hearing and seeing how you get on as I was on the verge of getting one

Just one from my recent'ish walk....................this fly stayed still for me. A crop to approx 1/5th of the full size and at ISO2000, but IMO and bearing in mind I did not do anything actively in LR to improve the default noise reduction I am impressed as to how little the noise intrudes. Having said that I was careful to ensure that in sharpening I mask to try to make sure only the subject had the fuller effect.
.The Fly1365.jpg
Oh, lens was the 40-150 Pro + TC x1.4

Well I’ve taken the plunge and bought a E-M5 MkII and a 12-40 f2.8 Pro lens.

Looking forward to it in some respects but with some misgivings in others.

Well I’ve taken the plunge and bought a E-M5 MkII and a 12-40 f2.8 Pro lens.

Looking forward to it in some respects but with some misgivings in others.
Thats a great combo, the 12-40 is an awesome lens, just maybe a little large on the EM5 MKII, but you soon get used to it. Interested to know what your misgivings might be?

Always like to see the raptors and looks like you got it, what with the adult & juveniles :)

I surmise this was Scotland if so whereabouts?

Oh, which lens used???

Oh the lower rocks of Ben Mor Coigach, and I was using 40-150 + 1.4 TC
I do have a 75-300 with me, but not on this particular trip as I was expecting rain.

Thats a great combo, the 12-40 is an awesome lens, just maybe a little large on the EM5 MKII, but you soon get used to it. Interested to know what your misgivings might be?

I’ve been using FF for several years and I’m used to the quality from it.

However my photography is geared towards wildlife and I’m hoping that this combo will get me out taking more landscapes.

Oh the lower rocks of Ben Mor Coigach, and I was using 40-150 + 1.4 TC
I do have a 75-300 with me, but not on this particular trip as I was expecting rain.

Thanks for the info. It does look like an a beautiful & wild area :)

I NEED one of those 60mm macros Mike.

Maybe after Christmas, oh and the MOT for the camper, oh and the extra studio light............................

I NEED one of those 60mm macros Mike.

Maybe after Christmas, oh and the MOT for the camper, oh and the extra studio light............................

Yup, too much GAS........too few £'s c'est la vie :LOL:

Better not post mine from earlier on ,must have been about 3000+ gulls over the town ,flying ant day

Certainly does! I found mine to be plenty sharp, even at 300mm, i don't get why so many people say not to go beyond 250mm and you need to stop down to 7.1, poppycock! I used it wide open 90% of the time
as you well know Keith I dont follow the rule book ,especially in the case of a camera like this thats quite complex to initially set up . we went out today and I found a glaring error in the set up actually caused by me

Certainly does! I found mine to be plenty sharp, even at 300mm, i don't get why so many people say not to go beyond 250mm and you need to stop down to 7.1, poppycock! I used it wide open 90% of the time
I found my 100-300mm perfectly acceptable wide open at 300mm.

Our problem today wasn’t the lens I thought I had double checked everything before letting the wife loose with it . Till we got back this afternoon ., when looking at her pics from the deep dark woods I thought these all dark where’s side by side they should have been the same exposure as mine which though high I.s.o were o.k , I hadn’t checked the iso limits on the Olympus and it was set to 1600 max . We live and learn

Last edited:
Anyone tried a 7 artisans 7.5mm lens, and if so what correction software?

Back