Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Sorry, its port not whisky!

.... Ooops! I should know that as I only used to drink spirits and firewaters up until 25 years ago but I have been totally teetotal ever since. I never liked port though. I thought Grahams were well known for whisky.

I would still enjoy a Jack Daniels (preferably in the company of Mila Kunis!).

Certainly is Malcolm and a very nice one indeed, its the wifes tipple a 2002 Grahams, we also have a few vintage Taylors to open but they have been in the cupboard maturing even more for a few years.

Certainly is Malcolm and a very nice one indeed, its the wifes tipple a 2002 Grahams, we also have a few vintage Taylors to open but they have been in the cupboard maturing even more for a few years.

Don't let them mature for too long!

.... Ooops! I should know that as I only used to drink spirits and firewaters up until 25 years ago but I have been totally teetotal ever since. I never liked port though. I thought Grahams were well known for whisky.

I would still enjoy a Jack Daniels (preferably in the company of Mila Kunis!).

I prefer JD myself Robin, or Remy Martini, definitely no water.

This image was taken yesterday on my Olympus 12-40mm (24-80mm equivalent) Pro wide-angle zoom in fast fading light on a totally cloud covered day and as dusk was fast approaching. So, as stated on Flickr, handheld 1/200s, F/2.8, ISO 2500. And on my person with both hands free for this shot, I was also easily carrying Olympus Pro lenses 40-150mm (80-300mm equivalent) and 300mm (600mm) and 1.4x.

With this Olympus system I don't have to leave lenses behind and also I don't care two figs what the weather suddenly decides to do.

I'll let others be the judge but I am very happy with this photo - It's not award-winning standard but shows what m4/3 can do in the real world and perhaps answers some of its critics about being limited in poor light :

LEAVING THE STATION AS DUSK APPROACHES by Robin Procter, on Flickr

[Thanks to @GreenNinja67 Terry for selling me this excellent lens]

Last edited:
Anyone using the Olympus 50-200 ed swd on the EM1 mark 2? Will be making the move from Canon in the new year and looking at a combination of lens that I intend to purchase and this particular lens can be had for little money along with converter MMF-3 or a third party makes this an appealing option to the 40-150 PRO from a cost point of view.

Anyone using the Olympus 50-200 ed swd on the EM1 mark 2? Will be making the move from Canon in the new year and looking at a combination of lens that I intend to purchase and this particular lens can be had for little money along with converter MMF-3 or a third party makes this an appealing option to the 40-150 PRO from a cost point of view.
yep a stunning lens extremely sharp too . dont overpay for one though I got mine from wex with 12 months warranty for £206 in as new condition .. beware e.bay dreamers .. the EC.14 TC works well with it and doesn't affect focus speed etc sample image below
where angels dare to tread by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

and one with EC-14 tc fitted @ 283mm all exif data intact on Flickr
me old cock sparra ' by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

also got a 12-60 f2.8 SWD again cheap as chips

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff for your reply my research shows that the lens seems to perform quite well on the MK2 even if you use the ED version

Thanks Jeff for your reply my research shows that the lens seems to perform quite well on the MK2 even if you use the ED version
its a bit slower than the SWD version by all accounts

done the wirral circular route today the world and his wife ,kids, grandkids,and dogs were out in force . so everywhere I went I found parking difficult . but I still got some good shots . my no.1 target the shorties played silly buggers though and this one stubbornly sat on a post till literally five minutes before the sun went down behind the welsh mountains hence iso 6400 hand held but I got a good if a tad noisy burst of it
days end by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

done the wirral circular route today the world and his wife ,kids, grandkids,and dogs were out in force . so everywhere I went I found parking difficult . but I still got some good shots . my no.1 target the shorties played silly buggers though and this one stubbornly sat on a post till literally five minutes before the sun went down behind the welsh mountains hence iso 6400 hand held but I got a good if a tad noisy burst of it
days end by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

.... I like that it's so rich and colourful in the late sunlight.

Cheers robin , tons of other good stuff to post tomorrow ,knackered now been out dawn to dark

I would ask Olympus UK but they are closed over the new year - I have 2 identical bodies (M1X) each with the same 1.1 Firmware and want to transfer a card which has been formatted in one body and has a few images recorded on it, to the other body to continue shooting.

I am hoping I do not have to reformat the card which already has images and therefore would lose those images.

Does anyone know if the card is safe please?

Thanks for any help / advice.

I would ask Olympus UK but they are closed over the new year - I have 2 identical bodies (M1X) each with the same 1.1 Firmware and want to transfer a card which has been formatted in one body and has a few images recorded on it, to the other body to continue shooting.

I am hoping I do not have to reformat the card which already has images and therefore would lose those images.

I’d just use it. I suspect it will append the images in the same folder if you’ve got them set up the same. If not, it may add a new folder.

I was on a photo walk with PP magazine and there, someone told me that if you swap cards between different camera makes, it will just create the folder that’s missing. I did accidentally do this once and that is indeed what happened. One folder for Canon and one for Olympus.

My usual workflow is to format the cards once downloaded and backed up.

I'd backup the images first onto a computer or disk first just to be on the safe side.

I have used cards in between my E-M1 and EM5ii having forgot to format them without any issues. So I would say don't worry about it.

I'd backup the images first onto a computer or disk first just to be on the safe side.

.... Ah sorry, I haven't made my question clear enough : I would usually be out in the field when I might want to swop a partly filled card to my second body to continue shooting and therefore would not have any computer or disk conveniently with me. It's perhaps not something I would need to do that often but I am exploring how my Olympus system works so I can reduce problems.

I have used cards in between my E-M1 and EM5ii having forgot to format them without any issues. So I would say don't worry about it.

.... Thanks Alf, I wouldn't expect any issues but I'm new to Olympus and want to be sure especially as I have an overseas wildlife trip in a couple of weeks. I might not need to do it but. My laptop and backup drive will be left in the hotel for me to empty cards every evening and recharge all batteries.

My question has also been answered (very fully) on this Facebook group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OMD.education/

Cheers!

.... Ah sorry, I haven't made my question clear enough : I would usually be out in the field when I might want to swop a partly filled card to my second body to continue shooting and therefore would not have any computer or disk conveniently with me. It's perhaps not something I would need to do that often but I am exploring how my Olympus system works so I can reduce problems.
In which case it should be OK. Sorry for my naivety but why would you swap a card from one to the other rather than just continuing to use the body that it's already in?

two e-mix bodies plus a host of lenses and still to tight to buy extra high capacity SD cards . the mind boggles sometimes robin :olympus::hug::hug::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

two e-mix bodies plus a host of lenses and still to tight to buy extra high capacity SD cards . the mind boggles sometimes robin :olympus::hug::hug::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:
This was going to be my next point ;)

In which case it should be OK. Sorry for my naivety but why would you swap a card from one to the other rather than just continuing to use the body that it's already in?

.... Dictated by different subjects if/when required/desired.

For example, a friend visited me on his Harley-Davidson yesterday morning and so I shot some images of it on my body #1. Then later yesterday I at last set up my new body #2 with matched customisations etc after a firmware update and wanted to test that body on birds in my garden before a trip abroad. Also I wanted to test my just arrived x2 MC-20 on each body. Much easier to shoot it ALL on one card as not that many images shot and same goes for just uploading one card and in one session only onto my desktop Mac.

.... Don't jump to conclusions and make judgements until you know more facts matey!! Read the above please - Ta!

P.S. - My "host of lenses" totals 3. You have rather more I think.

The Sony TOUGH 64GB cards I use are not cheap and are two in each body. You do things differently? < That's up to you. I don't criticise how you do things and so there's no need to mock what I do. There's not a right way and a wrong way on this subject.

Last edited:
Ooh ducky . I’ll make you a nice coffee when you pop up :beer::beer::beer:

.... Dictated by different subjects if/when required/desired.

For example, a friend visited me on his Harley-Davidson yesterday morning and so I shot some images of it on my body #1. Then later yesterday I at last set up my new body #2 with matched customisations etc after a firmware update and wanted to test that body on birds in my garden before a trip abroad. Also I wanted to test my just arrived x2 MC-20 on each body. Much easier to shoot it ALL on one card as not that many images shot and same goes for just uploading one card and in one session only onto my desktop Mac.

.... Don't jump to conclusions and make judgements until you know more facts matey!! Read the above please - Ta!

P.S. - My "host of lenses" totals 3. You have rather more I think.

The Sony TOUGH 64GB cards I use are not cheap and are two in each body. You do things differently? < That's up to you. I don't criticise how you do things and so there's no need to mock what I do. There's not a right way and a wrong way on this subject.
I thought it was meant tongue in cheek....

I bought a Harley-Davidson a couple of years ago I really like it but takes some polishing lol I Lowered it last year as im not very tall feels a lot safer now but the pegs hit the ground easily .
Rob.

P2150005-SMALL.jpg

I bought a Harley-Davidson a couple of years ago I really like it but takes some polishing lol I Lowered it last year as im not very tall feels a lot safer now but the pegs hit the ground easily .
Rob.

View attachment 264443
I bought a Harley three months ago. Never ever thought I’d own a Harley, always had sports and adventure bikes previously :eek:

Last edited:
Oooh, so quite a few Harley riders here.

My friend's is what may be described as a more of a custom bobber - Very much a single seater although the 'seat' pan has no upholstery whatsoever. A bit hardcore you might say and LOUD! I'll post one of my pics of it in the next couple of days.

I never thought I would by a Harley-Davidson as I have a Honda silver wing but i came across a photo of this one from a dealer and just kept looking at it then saw a video of the same model on you tube and just had to have it - it is very very loud so much that if I come out of a shop and people are close I always warm them and never start it if there is a pram or push chair around that would be very not nice .
Rob.

I never thought I would by a Harley-Davidson as I have a Honda silver wing but i came across a photo of this one from a dealer and just kept looking at it then saw a video of the same model on you tube and just had to have it - it is very very loud so much that if I come out of a shop and people are close I always warm them and never start it if there is a pram or push chair around that would be very not nice .
Rob.
What pipes do you have on? I only put slip ons on mine (not on the photos above) as I didn’t want it too loud.

Oooh, so quite a few Harley riders here.

My friend's is what may be described as a more of a custom bobber - Very much a single seater although the 'seat' pan has no upholstery whatsoever. A bit hardcore you might say and LOUD! I'll post one of my pics of it in the next couple of days.

.... So here it is. The hog is his and the cap is mine - The patch given to me when I visited their factory in York Pennsylvania in 2003 to celebrate their centenary :

IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN
YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND

Sums up the whole Harley culture!

IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOU WOULDN&#x27;T UNDERSTAND by Robin Procter, on Flickr

A FRIEND&#x27;S HARLEY-DAVIDSON CUSTOM BOBBER by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back