Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I have the free NIK software as a plug in for LR, needs to be installed after lightroom if I recall correctly
Thanks, I’ll look into it then to see if I can get mine to work with LR (y)

Thanks, I’ll look into it then to see if I can get mine to work with LR (y)

I also have the free version of Nik as plug ins with Aperture and Lightroom. I've not been able to use it with Luminar.

Hello! New to this forum!
I was wondering if anyone had a Panasonic Lumix 35-100mm f2.8 Mk1 and knew of somewhere I can pick up a lens hood reasonably priced.
I bought the lens second hand for a bargain but it didn't have the hood.

Cheers

Well you might do better asking on the Lumix thread rather than the Olympus one.
Ebay ?

Out of interest has anyone used or have any of the Sigma M4/3 lenses? Specifically the 56mm.

I have built my own hide if that's what you're asking. But it's not in my garden but on our meadows.

Great to have space & situation to setup/build your own hide. What you and Dale have done does show what can be achieved on "your own patch" so to speak if circumstances allow :)

Just a tad jealous.

All the best with it and seeing & photographing your visitors.

PS it is always a delight to see the LTT's ~ thanks for sharing this one.

Last edited:
View attachment 266320

Not had much chance to get out with the camera, damn home-life. Spent an hour in my bird hide along with the always cute Long Tailed Tit.
Really like that.
Out of interest has anyone used or have any of the Sigma M4/3 lenses? Specifically the 56mm.
Yes, I had the 56mm. Lovely lens, very sharp, just found the focal length a bit ‘odd’.

Really like that.
Yes, I had the 56mm. Lovely lens, very sharp, just found the focal length a bit ‘odd’.
Yes, I thought that. I'm guessing they were primarily designed for a 1.5/1.6 sensor and M4/3 was a afterthought.

Last edited:
Now I am jealous ;)
Makes two of us

Just make it worse. Our meadows are about 300yds away from us but the Oak tree that the Little Owls live in is about 70yds from my back door. So when they have their young and are busy looking for food, I get opportunities like this actually in my back garden.IMG_20190807_202340_491.jpg
That must be the last one I post as I've just realised that's actually on my EOS-r.

Just make it worse. Our meadows are about 300yds away from us but the Oak tree that the Little Owls live in is about 70yds from my back door. So when they have their young and are busy looking for food, I get opportunities like this actually in my back garden.View attachment 266352
That must be the last one I post as I've just realised that's actually on my EOS-r.
Now come on.. . .. . you're just rubbing it in ;)

But seriously, what a wonderful situation to have literally on your doorstep :)

Interesting leg jewellery it is sporting ~ metallic ring and a green plastic one!
got another bird with the a flag that says no.50 on its leg . don't know where they get there ideas from I think it's cruel

Makes two of us

Make it 3 of us @geejgee Do you do Bed and Breakfast? :)

I’ve thought about getting a pop up hide for my garden as I get red squirrels and badgers, but the background will still look like a garden and not wild enough.... although it’s not manicured.

Fabulous shots and how lucky you are to have the land and so close to home too.

Went to visit my week old nephew for the first time at the weekend, took the EM1mkii and 12-40mm for some family shots, but snuck in the 100-400 as I know they often have Red Kites around, and we did indeed see some on a short walk. Really need to learn better technique for BIF and to process my images this year, these are effectively SOOC with the odd crop, but confident the kit can deliver, I just need to improve on my part. Anyway, this is what I got.

P1190176 by alligator1975, on Flickr

P1190207 by alligator1975, on Flickr

P1190202 by alligator1975, on Flickr

Was nice to see some sun at last!

#2 & #3 are the 'money shots'.....................Red Kites are superb aerialists to well done :)

PS where abouts did you see them?

Thanks! They were outskirts of Henley, seemed to be quite a few around saw some driving in and then on the walk. My brother said he sees them most days.
#2 & #3 are the 'money shots'.....................Red Kites are superb aerialists to well done :)

PS where abouts did you see them?

Thanks! They were outskirts of Henley, seemed to be quite a few around saw some driving in and then on the walk. My brother said he sees them most days.
Ah yes, when I was still working, on my not infrequent business visits to Maidenhead, Marlow, High Wycombe et al I saw them often.

I gather one hotspot is nearer Princes Risborough.......never (yet) managed a photography trip there :(

Went to visit my week old nephew for the first time at the weekend, took the EM1mkii and 12-40mm for some family shots, but snuck in the 100-400 as I know they often have Red Kites around, and we did indeed see some on a short walk. Really need to learn better technique for BIF and to process my images this year, these are effectively SOOC with the odd crop, but confident the kit can deliver, I just need to improve on my part. Anyway, this is what I got.

P1190176 by alligator1975, on Flickr

P1190207 by alligator1975, on Flickr

P1190202 by alligator1975, on Flickr

Was nice to see some sun at last!

Nice images - if you lifted the shadows a little in post processing you would see some detail under the wings. (compare these with some of your Kestrel and Peregrine images).

Reactions: akr
Last edited:
Btw and Steve will verify this , the first two shots I was sat on the beach leaning on my left arm/hand for support and shooting single handed at a equivalent of 800mm , try doing that with a canon or Nikon LOL

Thanks - appreciate the comment. Will have a go and see how I get on.
Nice images - if you lifted the shadows a little in post processing you would see some detail under the wings. (compare these with some of your Kestrel and Peregrine images).

One from today. This guy kept coming in too close. Didn't he know I had an effective 600mm lens? :LOL:

View attachment 265609

.... Maybe it wasn't the distance you wanted but I like its tight and tense composition which captures the energy.

Last edited:
Fortunately my fall on rocks which then needed 8 stitches and a CT scan, happened at the end of my trip.

This shot of courting wild Greater Flamingos was at 254m/833ft on Olympus 300mm Pro + MC-20 (equivalent 1,200mm) on M1X handheld. More info on Flickr.

GREATER FLAMINGOS COURTING by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Back