Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Thanks Jeff. I never thought a 2x converter had any right to be that good !

A dingy skipper taken with the 300mm f/4 and lavender with the 60mm macro - no stacking - this lens is so sharp!

I took part in a webinar with Andy Rouse the other day - I asked him about focusing with the 60mm macro - he says he tends to use auto focus rather than manual.

View attachment 280639View attachment 280640
Good shots , thinking of selling my 60mm macro , it’s not my thing really and most Close up work I need to do can be done with Close focus on the 100-400 .. plus I am definetly not as flexible myself for getting down to low levels .. mulling it over

Good shots , thinking of selling my 60mm macro , it’s not my thing really and most Close up work I need to do can be done with Close focus on the 100-400 .. plus I am definetly not as flexible myself for getting down to low levels .. mulling it over

Thats what stops me from getting another

Just received the new Olympus MC-20 2x Teleconverter, and thought I'd give it a quick go on my OM-D EM1 MK III and the 300mm F4 Pro. So a combined effective focal length of 1,200mm !!

This is handheld !

This was the very first shot I took and I have to say to being pretty impressed for a 2x converter. Very useable. Some very light sharpening in Topaz Sharpen AI but I think it looks pretty good even if the subject matter won't win any prizes ?

Full image, medium crop - approx 11mp

And a 100% Crop

Wonderful detail Andrew

I know what you mean. I have a hip problem that affects my mobility. So far I'm managing, but I'm grateful for the articulating screens.

I've never seen a young Robin before @Ajophotog - not sure if I've been walking round with my eyes shut, but those are lovely shots.
I am lucky to see them every year as they always nest somewhere in the garden. I love the feather detail on the young ones.

Chris, I've been considering a dot finder for some time now, as it's almost impossible with the 300mm F4 (600m Equiv) to keep smaller fast moving birds in the viewfinder. Do they actually work well and easily, or are they a bit hit and miss ?

.... Here is a very objective real-world review of the Olympus Dot Sight :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnTAbBSUHZk

Personally it's not for me but definitely would be if only the Olympus TG-6 had a hotshoe!

.... Really lovely picture! Subtle and excellent feather detail. You're getting the hang of it now Steve.
Thanks Robin, I'm definitely improving still a long way to go though.

Thanks Robin, I'm definitely improving still a long way to go though.

.... :D The path is a looong one and never really ends! We all strive to improve and meet the challenge.

Thes are just beautiful. Plus I’m very impressed by your skills, such a low shutter speed. Are they handheld ?
Yes all my macro and wildlife shots are hand held Trevor, I don't really get on with tripods apart from some landscape stuff now and then.

Yes all my macro and wildlife shots are hand held Trevor, I don't really get on with tripods apart from some landscape stuff now and then.

Thanks. You must have very steady hands.

And something other than wildlife from me.

Curves with lolly stick 2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

High Street Guildford.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr
Nice effective b&w imagery :)

We have not been to Guildford since before the lockdown IMO one of the nicer/best high streets around........ hopefully in the coming weeks & months it will re-energise but I fear the number of 'dark' shops will be more than the last time we went:(. With Debenhams pre lockdown was slated for closure AFAIK in 2020/21, will it even open again???

Starlings Squabbling

Manual Exposure

Olympus E-M1MarkIII M.40-150mm F2.8

ƒ/6.3 125.0 mm 1/2500 800 iso

_5292487acs by Mike Killelea, on Flickr

I have been wondering about giving M43 another go. I had an OMD 1 Mkii for all of a week a couple of years ago. Photos like this wonderful one just show what can be achieved with the system.. I am suitably impressed :)

I have been wondering about giving M43 another go. I had an OMD 1 Mkii for all of a week a couple of years ago. Photos like this wonderful one just show what can be achieved with the system.. I am suitably impressed :)
the firmware update on the omd1-mkii mid 2019 turned it into a totally different beast . but you now have the mkiii and the 1.MiX as well

Back