Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

We got snow. Gotta love Olympus weather sealing
I agree, it's wonderful to know they are so robust. I did a time lapse last week of a tree being felled in my garden and it started pouring with rain. In the end I did go out and put a cover on the camera, but I had no worries about the water getting in. I did have to keep going out to wipe the lens down though.

Fabulous capture of your dog.

I agree, it's wonderful to know they are so robust. I did a time lapse last week of a tree being felled in my garden and it started pouring with rain. In the end I did go out and put a cover on the camera, but I had no worries about the water getting in. I did have to keep going out to wipe the lens down though.

Fabulous capture of your dog.

Thanks. To be honest I’ve been having second thoughts about Olympus. Not after today though. My gear got very wet, but I just put my faith in it. Bloody loved my time with it today.

Thanks. To be honest I’ve been having second thoughts about Olympus. Not after today though. My gear got very wet, but I just put my faith in it. Bloody loved my time with it today.

.... I know I keep banging on about it but the weatherproofing is seriously enabling! I don't even think about it when I'm out. Glad to hear you are enjoying it afterall.

@RedRobin

Re: 150-400mm lens

There is a guy over at DPReview forum who says that Park are talking about their order being ready to ship once the EU UK paperwork is sorted out. With Park apparently saying within the first 2 weeks of February.

Now I wonder if all the retailers have to utilise the same e-shop functions of OM-DS as 'we' consumer customers do? If so the wait goes as the website has updated(?) to say this.

Oly Shop Page.jpg

It has changed from a TBC of mid-late January to a sort of 'we will do it when we can....' patience needed all round :)

Last edited:
short supply still .. just messaged my local camera shop to let her know the another photo from the 100-400 lens she sold me would be on winter watch this week .. the reply was thats great .. god knows when we will see any more of them ??

short supply still .. just messaged my local camera shop to let her know the another photo from the 100-400 lens she sold me would be on winter watch this week .. the reply was thats great .. god knows when we will see any more of them ??

Well done Jeff - 1st photo. on the programme! Nice long credit as well. (y)

As some will know I like a bargain ,so I always have a few bits of interest on watch on e.bay . My I.pad tells me how many watchers there are per item to , and it surprises me how many watchers olympus stuff attracts. Even the older four thirds and o.m mount lenses

Last edited:
I think such emails have only gone to those with a "My Olympus" account. Or perhaps not if you have logged into your account before the emails were sent out???

Come to think of it I haven't recently had any of those useless junk emails from Olympus US offering me equipment "deals" in dollars. Looks like its all change.......

Last edited:
I'm afraid it's not for me now Box as I've ordered the Sony a1 and have left Olympus again for now, not easy to let my EM1X go as it is still the best camera in the hand to use but i have a lot of cash in my Sony lenses and the a1 expands them by quite a margin being 50mp .
Will still pop in here and look forward to see how Robin gets on with the new lens.

Rob.

Back