Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Cold weather so remember to feed the birds. ;)

Another Robin in the Snow
by Ajophotog, on ipernity
1/250 • f/5.6 • 150.0 mm • ISO 1600
OLYMPUS CORPORATION E-M1MarkII
OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F2.8

Snow Birds - Nuthatch
by Ajophotog, on ipernity
1/250 • f/5.6 • 150.0 mm • ISO 1000
OLYMPUS CORPORATION E-M1MarkII
OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F2.8
Thanks Alby, nice shots of the Robin and Nuthatch by the way :)

Here's another of the same Fox today at lunchtime.
Foxy by Huw Prosser, on Flickr

Gorgeous photos lads

Yesterday out with Finn.

Project 365 - 061/365: Finn in Snow
My lovely Border Collie, now just coming up to 11 months old and loving the snow.

061 - Finn in Snow by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Yesterday out with Finn.

Project 365 - 061/365: Finn in Snow
My lovely Border Collie, now just coming up to 11 months old and loving the snow.

061 - Finn in Snow by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
Our English Springer encountered snow for the first time this weekend and although a little apprehensive at first totally loved it too. Beautiful shot of Finn.

Project 365 - 061/365: Arches in Snow
A local bridge here in Bedford that I have had my eye on for some time. I had to stand in the middle of the water to get this shot and feel that black and white was the way to go here as the colour versions brickwork is very distracting against the cool white of the snow and ice.

EM1 / 12-40pro

062 - Arches in Snow by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

The shutter on my E-M5ii seems to have failed so I need to send it off and get it repaired as the warranty just ran out.
This happened with my E-M1 too.

The shutter on my E-M5ii seems to have failed so I need to send it off and get it repaired as the warranty just ran out.
Sorry to hear that Alf, I hope you get a quick turnaround.

Not good, how many actuations?

A lot I am sure.
The E-M1 was 125000 or so

Some really nice shots here - Alby did you apply any noise reduction on your bird shots they are very clean of noise.
Rob.

Some really nice shots here - Alby did you apply any noise reduction on your bird shots they are very clean of noise.
Rob.
Yes I did apply some using Lightroom, I do adjust pretty much all my photos as l shoot Raw.

Alby, have you cropped the birdie shots or were you approx.10 feet away?

Last edited:
Alby, have you cropped the birdie shots or were you approx.10 feet away?
I crop some, l am only 6ft away from them shooting through the double glazed window. With the panny 100-300 or the 40-150 with 1.4x extender l tend not to crop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you were quite close, however I didn't realise you had used the 1.4 ext. as your info doesn't state.

They're not on Flickr and the TC isn't listed.

I know this, just wondering why Ipernity doesn't when one is used? when the likes of Flickr show the data is indeed there. I have only ever seen Ajophoto use that site tbh. Another thing I dislike about it is you cannot zoom to 100% - I know this isn't important, but I actually like to do this on my own images, to make sure they uploaded without any loss to sharpness etc ...

Last edited:
These were without the tc. They were cropped slightly. If using the tc I don't generally crop due to the extra reach, as with the panny 100-300. Ipernity does l believe state the use of the tc if used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely failed? my EM1 got sticky in the cold last year and was fine once warmed up a bit (keep meaning to get it fixed).
Still closed even after leaving the battery out a firmware update and still ticking away trying to close. So failed IMO.

ive got a wanted ad for an Oly 45mm 1.8 if anyone is thinking of parting with a nice copy
I keep wondering whether to sell mine tbh, but then for the price I'd get I then think I may as well keep it :confused:

what price would make you sell it Toby?
£200 :LOL:

I dunno, I've not really given it any serious thought, just something that crosses my mind now and again.

ive got a wanted ad for an Oly 45mm 1.8 if anyone is thinking of parting with a nice copy
There's one for sale over in the e-group forum.
Dunno if there's a minimum number of posts or whatever - if posting to other forums is forbidden let me know and I'll delete.
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47373
There's a cracking price for a PenF and 17mm too but I MUST NOT BITE :)
No relation to the seller so do your own checks, buy with caution, look both ways before you cross the road etc.

First shots fired in anger after taking delivery of the E-M1ii yesterday. Pleasantly surprised how quickly I got the hang of the controls and menus, everything feels very natural and just right, very comfortable with my new set up. These are SOOC apart from some minor cropping on the squirrel.

I'm used to more vibrant Fuji colours so will try different settings on the camera but can always add a bit of saturation in pp I guess.

P3070039 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

P3070081 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Last edited:
First shots fired in anger after taking delivery of the E-M1ii yesterday. Pleasantly surprised how quickly I got the hang of the controls and menus, everything feels very natural and just right, very comfortable with my new set up. These are SOOC apart from some minor cropping on the squirrel.

I'm used to more vibrant Fuji colours so will try different settings on the camera but can always add a bit of saturation in pp I guess.

P3070039 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

P3070053 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

P3070081 by ImageMaker, on Flickr
Nice. What profile are you using in PP? In lightroom for example camera natural has a lot more contrast by default than adobe standard which enhances the colours.

Back