Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Is the e-m10 mk2 still a good camera ? I guess IQ will be the same(ish) as the e-m1 and I want something for work related travel.

I was considering the x-t10 but when I put on a lens, it becomes comparatively large against the p12-32..

Is the e-m10 mk2 still a good camera ? I guess IQ will be the same(ish) as the e-m1 and I want something for work related travel.

I was considering the x-t10 but when I put on a lens, it becomes comparatively large against the p12-32..

It is and I reckon it’s the sweet spot for m43, having all the functionality you will likely want yet still very compact.

HDEW have them in silver and black for £309 and £329 respectively.
E-M5 MkII in black at £469 too.

Well, I've placed an order for the black e-m10 mk2 via SRS at £299, less £65 cashback = £234. I figured you can't go wrong at that price

Great price for a great camera.

Well, I've placed an order for the black e-m10 mk2 via SRS at £299, less £65 cashback = £234. I figured you can't go wrong at that price
made the same decision. Purchased around the 20th - cash back already in my bank account! Now I just need to spend some time learning how to use it (coming from Panasonic).

I'm just starting to try birds in flight.
On the E M1 mark ll, what focus settings are you chaps using?
I'm thinking sequential low with tracking should be right? - but what about size of focus point, AF sensitivity etc. etc.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Heroninflight2 by Malcolm Fisher, on Flickr

I dont use tracking at all, against a clear sky and small fast birds all points, otherwise 5 or 9 points.

CAF 5 Points +1 I set 10fps and silent electronic shutter I find this to be a good start but single point if you know its a Herron or Egret size bird of cause it does depend on what bird your photographing and what its doing .
Rob.

camera has arrived, battery charging. No lens ..yet

Anyone had an issue submitting a cashback request ? It says uploading file then gets to 98% and says "no file attached" and unchecks one of the boxes. Its done the same on a PC and ipad..

Anyone had an issue submitting a cashback request ? It says uploading file then gets to 98% and says "no file attached" and unchecks one of the boxes. Its done the same on a PC and ipad..

Not sure about Olympus, but with Panasonic you had to wait 30 days, they wouldn't allow a cash back form returned prior to that. But once it passes that 30 days it gets sorted quick enough, think I had my cash back in my account a week later.

Not sure about Olympus, but with Panasonic you had to wait 30 days, they wouldn't allow a cash back form returned prior to that. But once it passes that 30 days it gets sorted quick enough, think I had my cash back in my account a week later.

You have to wait 35 days (that’s what Panasonic told me on the telephone) - if it’s within that time the website doesn’t allow you to get as far as trying to upload files.

You have to wait 35 days (that’s what Panasonic told me on the telephone) - if it’s within that time the website doesn’t allow you to get as far as trying to upload files.

Yeah probably more like it, mine was over Christmas/New year so would have been longer for me before I applied for it either way.

Oh, no mention of it on their website - I’ve emailed them so will see what they say.

Oh, and another “failed delivery” by Amazon. Or what it really means is they couldn’t be bothered to stop so marked it down as that..

Useless bunch

Thanks Alf - maybe I’ll try it from home in case works t’internet blocked me..

I think they put a delay in because people where claiming the cash back then returning the item.

I think they put a delay in because people where claiming the cash back then returning the item.
yes they did ,I registered my camera and on day 35 they e.mailed me for details for the cash back ,be aware you have to clearly photograph your receipt with the date/dealer/model clearly displayed also your serial number info on the box this is added to the claim form when its submitted ,done mine the other day hope it gets here before saturday

Have managed to submit the claim this morning from home so maybe it was works system blocking it..:confused:

Got an expert shield screen protector but the corner is bowed so it doesn't lay flat :dummy:
Sent them an email, apologies and they'll send out a new one tomorrow

Service (y)

Haven't got a lens until tomorrow though ( on the hunt for a p20 )

Tried a 40-150 f2.8 and 1.4 outside the dealers shop, i dont like what it does to background..

P6060018 by electric.mike, on Flickr

It is well known for having 'nervous' bokeh in some situations, especially with OOF highlights. Most people forgive it as it is so sharp but it can ruin images IMO, but still, it is my favourite lens.

It is well known for having 'nervous' bokeh in some situations, especially with OOF highlights. Most people forgive it as it is so sharp but it can ruin images IMO, but still, it is my favourite lens.

I suppose if ime honest it was only a couple of the shots like the one above, the others where ok.

Agreed, I think it’s a fantastic piece of glass.

well, i haven't used my e-m10 mk2 yet but i've set up the wifi. One thing that's clear is how s**te Nikon's Snapbridge is - Olympus just works, effortlessly. Nikon needs re-installing every time you try to use it

Been away for a while, no camera, it's good to see you back on MFT (y)

Talking of no camera, on the lookout for a EM5Mkii so if anyone is considering starting a sale thread I'd appreciate a heads up

Talking of no camera, on the lookout for a EM5Mkii so if anyone is considering starting a sale thread I'd appreciate a heads up

Does it need to be an EM5ii?

There are some cracking deals on the EM10ii going at the moment (see further above).

Literally just sold on in the sale threads :p

Does it need to be an EM5ii?

There are some cracking deals on the EM10ii going at the moment (see further above).
I'd looked at the EM10 MKII, they're so cheap, but I know I would only regret not getting an EM5

Back