Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

It was a little dirty when it arrived but cleaned up ok with a quick wipe over

It was a little dirty when it arrived but cleaned up ok with a quick wipe over

I had to do same with the Helios 44-2 I had, was a little grubby but cleaned up very nicely. Medi-alcohol wipes are great for cleaning lenses [not the glass] Yours looks even better condition though

I have just purchased a couple of Expro batteries not used them ytry but I will report back !
This cold spell atm should prove a good test assuming I can cope with the low temps.
Link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Original-Ex-Pro-Replacement-Battery-BLN-1-BLN1-Olympus-Cameras/371701281622?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I've a couple of Xpro Batteries for my EM5, not quite as good as Olys own brand but one of the best third party ones out there IMO. Used them in my Fujis too.

Can anyone offer advice on which external flash that I could get for my em 10 mkii please - I’m not looking to spend a fortune on this as it will be occasional use at best but I have an event coming up which may require this.

Yup, very nice little unit. I've only used it on camera, keep meaning to get the X1T trigger for it. I'd suggest getting the kit from the off if it'll be your only speedlight. Only reason I haven't gotten the trigger yet is because I have another flash with off cam triggers besides.
Great advice, thanks for your help.

My Chinese rip off of the MMF3 arrived today so thought I might try my 14-54mm 2.8-3.5. I always liked this lens on my E-30. Not able to get out but first impressions are that it focuses just as fast on the M1 MK1 as it did on the E-30 and for a walk around lens that is fast enough for me. I am very tempted to look for a 50-200mm which I thought was my best 4/3rds lens. The adaptor itself works ok but there is a bit of play in it, I might well look for a used MMF3 especially if I get the 50-200mm. Anybody else using 4/3rd lenses on there E-M1?

My Chinese rip off of the MMF3 arrived today so thought I might try my 14-54mm 2.8-3.5. I always liked this lens on my E-30. Not able to get out but first impressions are that it focuses just as fast on the M1 MK1 as it did on the E-30 and for a walk around lens that is fast enough for me. I am very tempted to look for a 50-200mm which I thought was my best 4/3rds lens. The adaptor itself works ok but there is a bit of play in it, I might well look for a used MMF3 especially if I get the 50-200mm. Anybody else using 4/3rd lenses on there E-M1?

I would love to, but I believe they only really work well on the EM1 bodies, because of the phase detection. On the G80 they would work, but really sluggishly I imagine. The 50-200 is supposedly excellent

If you ever win the lotto there's some juicy more exotic four thirds lenses too, like the 150mm F2, the 90-250 2.8 and 300mm 2.8 - they're huge of course, but outstanding by all accounts

I would love to, but I believe they only really work well on the EM1 bodies, because of the phase detection. On the G80 they would work, but really sluggishly I imagine. The 50-200 is supposedly excellent

If you ever win the lotto there's some juicy more exotic four thirds lenses too, like the 150mm F2, the 90-250 2.8 and 300mm 2.8 - they're huge of course, but outstanding by all accounts

The 50-200 is excellent, I had two SWD copies in my E-system days, a great lens.
50-200 SWD with EC-20

It worked even better with the EC-14 :)

Talking of SHG Olympus glass don't forget the 7-14 f/4 another cracking lens.

The 50-200 is excellent, I had two SWD copies in my E-system days, a great lens.
50-200 SWD with EC-20

It worked even better with the EC-14 :)

Talking of SHG Olympus glass don't forget the 7-14 f/4 another cracking lens.

Very nice. If it played any way nicely with the G80 I'd have one by now I think - could still make it work in MF I guess

Picked up another E-M5ii a few weeks ago. Been a while since I last had one but I really wanter a weather sealed camera with a bit of zoom range for going into the mountains. Considered loads of options but kept coming back to the E-M5ii. Went for a 14-150ii lens to go with. I'm not generally a superzoom kind of guy but it just seemed to make perfect sense for my usage. Then I accidentally bought a 7Artisans prime to go with it. Been using it loads over the last week whilst in lapland but before I went away I had a little walk around Newcastle. It had a been a long time since I'd been out with a camera, mainly due to work but I finally had some time to myself, left the DSRL at home and just carried the Olympus and a little tripod. Didn't even take a bag. Made a nice change. A few pics from that outing. Might stick some holiday pics up once I've sorted them too.

Magpies on top by G.A.D, on Flickr

Tyne Live Composite by G.A.D, on Flickr

Sage Live Composite by G.A.D, on Flickr

Great shots @gad-westy , I particularly like the live composite shots, hoping to have time to get to Bristol over Christmas to give a cityscape a go.

Last edited:
Can anyone offer advice on which external flash that I could get for my em 10 mkii please - I’m not looking to spend a fortune on this as it will be occasional use at best but I have an event coming up which may require this.
I picked one of these up for my Olympus and one for the Fuji and they are easily pocketable and has bounce and swivel head
They do a great job but I have since purchased a couple of Godox TT350 speedlights with triggers which with cross compatibility means they can be paired up with any system I’m using so long as I have the correct system trigger for the camera.
I would recommend The a Godox on the strength of there cross compatibility.
I believe some one has already added a link for you for the Godox unit.
I paid £99 and that also included the X1t.

Last edited:

That's really good value! My Missus got me the TT350o last Christmas, still using it, great little unit - she didn't get the kit, just the speedlight [though it did come with some extras like gels with a holder, and of course the pouch and stand for the flash] - but she ended up paying about that much because the delivery was hit by customs. We seem to be very unlucky with flashes in particular, that's the third time! both of my old Yongnuo flases were hit by customs too. Still worked out better than buying a 'better brand' but still sucks, as I know I could have gotten a kit like that for as much. Still yet to get the X1T, I guess i never bothered because I have triggers for my Yongnuo flash for off cam stuff, the Godox I have only really used on cam, bounced. It is perfect for that, light weight, small, well balanced on my G80 ... but maybe I should consider the trigger for it? it doesn't work with the ones I got already

The blur comes an in camera art scene thing, shot in portrait rather than landscape. I had 20 mins and grabbed this

The blur comes an in camera art scene thing, shot in portrait rather than landscape. I had 20 mins and grabbed this
Ahh, I always forget about those in camera scene things. As I said, I think it works, gives it a vintage kind of feel, a bit like the old Vaseline on the lens trick (y)

For those who don't yet know,
1. you can bracket art-filters, i.e. one shot gives three different results
2. you can reprocess a RAW in-camera using any art-filter/jpeg setting you want.
Just a tip.
re number 2 is that in camera, and does it retain the RAW?

re number 2 is that in camera, and does it retain the RAW?
if you set your camera to RAW, when you use the art filters, it records the Jpeg with the filter and you still get the raw. I haven't tried it, but I suspect as long as you've got it set to RAW, then the RAW should be there even if you edit.

For other settings that aren't art filters, such as monochrome, then you do only get the RAW unless you set it to record both. You see the mono image in the Olympus viewer, but not in Lightroom - as is logical.

I'm not sure about all cameras, but I'm pretty sure on my EM1ii that you can choose all of the art filters when you bracket - it depends what you've ticked in the menus. I recorded about 7 the other day when I was experimenting..... just went back and checked - I got 17 jpegs in one bracketed art filters shot!!

Last edited:
My EM5 ii has developed a fault where it won't turn off, just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem?

Back