Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Need a bit of help. When I Format my cards the image counter resets to zero. I want to have continuous numbering.
??

M1 mk2
You need to ensure file name is set to auto in H1 in the gears menu I think. Its happened to me a few times and I end up with duplicate file names

Just need to find a 12mm f/1.4 for myself now, hardly any around used especially at a decent price

You need to ensure file name is set to auto in H1 in the gears menu I think. Its happened to me a few times and I end up with duplicate file names

Thanks very much.

Anyone using the Oly 12mm f2 or 17mm f1.8? Am after a small, light, wide(ish) prime to go with my 25mm and 45mm for when I need to travel light. Likely to be used stopped down a little for landscapes and cityscapes.

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

I love my 17mm 1.8. My copy is really sharp and I often use it wide open at gigs. I’ve bought a second hand 12mm from here but I haven’t used it much at all yet - hoped to use for gigs but also when travelling light which I haven’t been recently.

Hi guys. I’ve had my EM1 MK II for nearly 3 years now, and it went out of warranty a few months ago. I’m thinking of having it serviced by Olympus and it’s now done getting on for 45000 shots (still love shooting with it) and having just got back from a very hot a sweaty 2 weeks in Florida, the body of the camera looks a little minging and I have my first dust spot on the sensor that won’t go via a rocket blower (not bad for nearly 3 years ).

Has anyone ever sent a body off to Olympus for servicing and any idea of a typical price or how I go about sorting this out please?

I had the shutter replaced and most of the rubber grips on my E-M1 for about £110 when the shutter failed at 125000 actuations.

The TC2.0 has arrived, totally unscientific test just now in my garden, 3 pictures taken of a garden ornament, one with the TC2.0, one with the TC1.4, and one with the lens on its own, camera on a sturdy tripod to ensure no movement (shutter was at 1/80th with the TC2.0 fitted), all pictures unedited, no sharpening, no noise reduction, RAW files straight out of camera, resized and (badly) stitched together.

Which is which?

all look good but I will play Left 1.4 middle 2x right bare

FWIW

A quick review(?) of my first outing with firmware v3 on my E-M1.2

1. The C-AF was quicker responding and latched on better with cluttered backgrounds, using the 9 AF pattern
  2. Now, though I did not take many long bursts I thought great I can chimp whilst it still 'writing/clearing the buffer'
    Well, imo it seems that the buffer clearing is much quicker.................it cleared before I had the chance to even hit the review button ~ a real wow! moment for me. I await to see how that aspect behaves when I do shoot a longer burst
  3. So, I stuck with C-AF all the time I was at Warnham LNR and found that even quite small songbirds high up in the clutter of the tree branches & leaves the focus using the single central AF point was almost unerringly locked on to the subjects.
    NB including where the bird was in a shady section.

4. Where it misses the focus ~ I put that down almost entirely to my fault...............but with the new power FW3 brings = more cameracraft to refine :)
I am sure I will find more that pleases but the above alone makes to camera feel like is as the website said "download your new camera" ~ to me the FW3 update is a game changer

Hi guys. I’ve had my EM1 MK II for nearly 3 years now, and it went out of warranty a few months ago. I’m thinking of having it serviced by Olympus and it’s now done getting on for 45000 shots (still love shooting with it) and having just got back from a very hot a sweaty 2 weeks in Florida, the body of the camera looks a little minging and I have my first dust spot on the sensor that won’t go via a rocket blower (not bad for nearly 3 years ).

Has anyone ever sent a body off to Olympus for servicing and any idea of a typical price or how I go about sorting this out please?

I've read very good reports of Olympus service over at the e-group forum but never had to bother them myself.
I've also read that Olympus will do a sensor clean and replace worn bits and bobs on the case at photo shows for nothing - not sure if there's anything coming up or how urgent your need it but might be worth looking into too?

Recently came across a recommendation for PhotoME on Flickr forum as being able to display the focus point used in an Olympus ORF file.
Something that I can't find or isn't there in Lightroom 6, Olympus Viewer or Workspace.
https://www.photome.de/home_en.html

I can see it in the thumbnail but can't find out how to get the view in their screenshots here
https://www.photome.de/images/screenshots/d300af_en.png

Anyone heard of it or used it? Sadly their Firefox plugin seems to be corrupted so I can't try it out.

Okay. So I just sold my M1 mk2 and Pana-Leica 100-400.

Might have to save for another...

Note to self...idiot..

The TC2.0 has arrived, totally unscientific test just now in my garden, 3 pictures taken of a garden ornament, one with the TC2.0, one with the TC1.4, and one with the lens on its own, camera on a sturdy tripod to ensure no movement (shutter was at 1/80th with the TC2.0 fitted), all pictures unedited, no sharpening, no noise reduction, RAW files straight out of camera, resized and (badly) stitched together.

Which is which?
The fact that it's not blatantly obvious speak volumes. But I'd go non left, 1.4x middle and 2x right.

A few from our recent holiday in Florida. These were of the new Harry Potter area at Universal studios -EM1 MK II &12-100 Pro

All quite impressive really and our US cousins really go mad on Harry Potter even after all this time.

Cool. TBH I'd only ever seen grey prices and so the UK price shocked me :eek:

I can sell you one if you like, bought it 3 years ago and used it once for a wedding (perfect for low light speech shots with subject isolation) and not really used it since. Would be cheaper than grey (he says, having not checked prices :D), if interested I’ll put it in the for sale section.

I can sell you one if you like, bought it 3 years ago and used it once for a wedding (perfect for low light speech shots with subject isolation) and not really used it since. Would be cheaper than grey (he says, having not checked prices :D), if interested I’ll put it in the for sale section.
Thanks but it’s not on my radar (y)

A couple from a week in the Faroe Islands. The weather sealing came in handy!

Bordoy looking over to vidareidi kirkja by G.A.D, on Flickr

Faroe Islands 4 by G.A.D, on Flickr

Nice - Love the first in particular.

I think I've reached my limit, just about got away with this at 1/8 I think.

P6302643-Edit
by TDG-77, on Flickr

I've never shot motorsport in my life but I can imagine it's very technical, and I can appreciate shots like this all the more because I'm pants at panning :D

Can anyone recommend a small case/bag for my Em10 mk2 with the 45mm lens attached? It's for days when I only want to take that combo.
I've seen a few that fit ok with the kit lens or a pancake lens but nothing yet that will fit with the 45mm attached.

I've been away so a bit late to answer, but I recently had to send my Em1ii off for a repair - it was due for a free service and literally developed a fault as I was about to send it.

The service was remarkable, though I felt very nervous when the camera plus 3 lenses disappeared with the courier. I believe it went to Portugal. IIRC, it was picked up on the Thursday or Friday and was ready to be delivered back on the Tuesday. I delayed the return as I was away. Everything came back pristine and well packaged. I was very happy with the service.

I had been given Pro Service when I bought the camera and I organised it via their website. If you need links PM me and I will look up and send to you.

Just a quick heads up for anyone that's done the EM1-II update, it reset my card saving to single card and I hadn't realised until this weekend when I had no images on one card. If you use both card slots it worth double checking that the setting hasn't changed.

Back